Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest fans - take a bow

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought that was at the Den and because both sets of fans were sporting blue and white the Guarniad accused the Millwall fans of Nazi chants.
It was at the Goldstone and it was the Sun. Other than that, spot on :wink:

And we have done it at the Amex. Off the top of my head Burnley Great Escape, St Patrick's day, Sheff Wed playoff, GP's Chelsea

So it can be done, and it's the least we can do on Saturday for the greatest Albion team that anyone on NSC has ever seen :albion2:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
:lolol:
At the Goldstone we once got accused of chanting Sieg Heil, of course it was really Seagulls :facepalm:
Derby fan on an Amex bound train one year got really wound up by my Dad chanting "sea, sea, seasiders!"

He apparently heard "sheep, sheep, sheep shaggers!"

Was told the error of his ways by other Derby fans. Donut.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Derby fan on an Amex bound train one year got really wound up by my Dad chanting "sea, sea, seasiders!"

Seems a random thing to get so upset by. Unless…

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Forest fan here, just thought it only fair to wish Brighton good luck for the rest of the season, proper club, run well, good bunch of fans and always a great away day, and the bait is top end.

Mac Allister, March and Mitoma are a great watch,

And if can see your way clear to putting half a dozen in against Everton and Southampton it will be greatly appreciated.

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023

Seems a random thing to get so upset by. Unless…
Not surprised the Derby fan got upset, he thought he heard “sheep shaggers“ when everyone knows they wouldn’t sink that low ……they prefer their sisters. Fact

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Forest fans are a decent bunch and get behind their team well, unlike Leicester who have 2,000 free flags and never make a sound

Always remember after Ulloa goal got us in the play offs - loads of locals walking along the River Trent saying well done now stuff Derby in the play offs

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
The atmosphere is as good as it’s been for years at City Ground and a lot of that is down to Steve Cooper, not since Frank Clark ( club legend and a bloody good bloke) mid 90’s has a manager got the full support off the fans, he just gets Forest as a club, personally I think SC is destined for bigger things and good luck to the lad.

Mull of Kintyre certainly helps at the start of each half, as does having the away fans behind the goal.

There’s plans to take the capacity up to around 38000 which we won’t fill, for me fill in the corners ( adding 3-4000), quick lick of paint and fix the leak in the bogs.

Keep the feel of a traditional ground as much as possible

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I was staying with a Forest STH last night (that we lost at least meant he was willing to talk to me).
He thought we were one of the better away ends they've had this season, even if I was a bit underwhelmed compared to some of the other games I've been at.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It was at the Goldstone and it was the Sun. Other than that, spot on :wink:

And we have done it at the Amex. Off the top of my head Burnley Great Escape, St Patrick's day, Sheff Wed playoff, GP's Chelsea

So it can be done, and it's the least we can do on Saturday for the greatest Albion team that anyone on NSC has ever seen :albion2:
It was the New Den and The Sun. But other than that.....

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The atmosphere is as good as it’s been for years at City Ground and a lot of that is down to Steve Cooper, not since Frank Clark ( club legend and a bloody good bloke) mid 90’s has a manager got the full support off the fans, he just gets Forest as a club, personally I think SC is destined for bigger things and good luck to the lad.

Mull of Kintyre certainly helps at the start of each half, as does having the away fans behind the goal.

There’s plans to take the capacity up to around 38000 which we won’t fill, for me fill in the corners ( adding 3-4000), quick lick of paint and fix the leak in the bogs.

I've been to a few Forest matches over the last few years with a friend.
I don't think it was quite as loud (relatively speaking) as when you were telling Hughton he was getting sacked in the morning against Wolves.
I think he somehow got another game after that match. Maybe your owner sacked somebody else in the meantime to get it out of his system.
Good luck for the rest of the season. There's plenty of other sides I'd much rather see go down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s a lot to be said for these older football stadia and their stand roofs that angle the sound back down into the stand. It is easier to get singing in unison when each part of the stand can hear what the other are singing.

The proximity to the roof of the North Stand seats is a big problem. Most of the noise is lost. The West Upper is much closer to the roof and would be a better place to lead the singing from.
We up here prefer to follow the lead from the ruffians down below. Tra la la, something something something, ballon d'or. Yes we're terrific.

Loudest I've heard this season was the ManUre end at Wembley. Reaction noise rather than chanting. Like the beasts they are. But loud.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
If Forest are still in EPL when new main stand built and opened would expect them to fill it - room for all the tourists then and more hospitality etc

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
I've been to a few Forest matches over the last few years with a friend.
I don't think it was quite as loud (relatively speaking) as when you were telling Hughton he was getting sacked in the morning against Wolves.
I think he somehow got another game after that match. Maybe your owner sacked somebody else in the meantime to get it out of his system.
Good luck for the rest of the season. There's plenty of other sides I'd much rather see go down.
🙏
Hughton got a raw deal for me off the fans and very little help from upstairs, at times over the years CG has been toxic, if you want to have a little fun with your Forest supporting pal just mention Megson then stand back 🤣🤣…..that will trigger him/her.

Its been a decent experience this season, we’ve had some hidings and a few great days.

Same back, I sincerely hope BHA make Europe this season and also hang on to the core of a great squad.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

In your last sentence, you’ve used the word I was going to use to describe my thoughts about yesterday … in addition to all the stuff about how loud you were … tradition … and I’ll also throw in history. Was interesting watching some of the clips on your screens … with a certain Mr Clough featuring … in particular your two European Cups. That’s the original and best European Cup … not the money spinning Champions League!! I’m old enough to remember watching both of those finals … in particular the Trevor Francis goal. What a period that was for Forest.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll be able to do it again next year. Hopefully a 3pm kick off on a Saturday … another good old tradition that we don’t see enough of with our games these days.

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
If Forest are still in EPL when new main stand built and opened would expect them to fill it - room for all the tourists then and more hospitality etc
Forest have a core of 23-24000 even when we were a good team back when Moses wore short pants crowds were disappointing and didn’t reflect the quality on the pitch, the owner EM fancies building the Maracanā of the Midlands and needs to understand with Notts over the river and other local teams the supply will outweigh any demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here