Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Forest fan saved by Brighton medical staff

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you see video about cardiac surgeon Lloyd Rudy that I posted?
It was in the "Christians are nice people" thread.
It sounds like he worked in the same field as you.
I'm a basic scientist but my research is on VF. Surgeons are almost all focused on atrial arrhythmias - the ones they can treat easily and which are not life threatening. The trouble with VF is that it is commonly the first sign of coronary heart disease, and kills in minutes. Surgeons and cardiologists only get to see survivors or mild cases. And that informs their thinking. It is most peculiar.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I had a cardiac arrest back in January, the day after driving to Leicester and back. Thankfully my partner recognised the warning signs (pain in my jaw and my wrist) and an ambulance crew was with me when it happened. I was subsequently attended to by 3 ambulance crews and the air ambulance. I’m told that I was revived on 4 or 5 occasions by manual and mechanical CPR, in our house, on our driveway and in the ambulance!

Following two coronary angioplasty procedures, I’ve thankfully made a full recovery. I don’t remember any of the events of the day before and our trip to see the draw at Leicester. It could quite easily have been my last ever game!

Somehow I ended up missing just 2 games; Bournemouth at home and Palace away. My first ascent to my seat in the Upper West Stand was a very nervous one!

I’m very lucky to be alive, thanks to the quick thinking of my other half and the fantastic NHS!!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Could save a life.

Also available as an app for your phone. I have used it at work and it is saves lives.

#

Edit: Apologies, I see already flagged up.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
I looked at the location of defibs site to see those near me. I am already aware of most but the locations do not seem entirely accurate as one is shown as being in a local school (it is actually on the wall outside the school so it is available 24/7). another is stated as being in a Nationwide building society and not available as I looked outside of opening hours ( It is actually on the outside wall available at all times). In both cases you need to telephone 999 to obtain a code to enable access.

Last edited:

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I'm a basic scientist but my research is on VF. Surgeons are almost all focused on atrial arrhythmias - the ones they can treat easily and which are not life threatening. The trouble with VF is that it is commonly the first sign of coronary heart disease, and kills in minutes. Surgeons and cardiologists only get to see survivors or mild cases. And that informs their thinking. It is most peculiar.
What is VF?

Here's the video by the way.
What do you think?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here