Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've decided to stay up the night to enjoy the city, again!

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
What have I done. I’ve been a STH for six years now but never been to an away game. Before I knew what I was doing I grabbed a ticket for Wednesday. I’ve booked a train and got some overnight accommodation in a pub in Beeston. What else should I do? Will I get beaten up? Should I wear colours? Will I be kettled for two hours after the game? WilI have to stand for the whole game? Will some hairy-arsed Brighton fan be in my seat? Any advice gratefully received.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What have I done. I’ve been a STH for six years now but never been to an away game. Before I knew what I was doing I grabbed a ticket for Wednesday. I’ve booked a train and got some overnight accommodation in a pub in Beeston. What else should I do? Will I get beaten up? Should I wear colours? Will I be kettled for two hours after the game? WilI have to stand for the whole game? Will some hairy-arsed Brighton fan be in my seat? Any advice gratefully received.
1. Getting beaten up is easy if you act like a dick.

2. I like to wear something that represents Brighton and Hove Albion I always wear my pin badge and for Forest my replica shirt will be the 93 White Sandtex away beauty.

3 Nope.

4. Yep

5. Probably as we're Brighton and Hove Albion we sit where we want.

Enjoy the game
👍

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nottingham is wonderful.

There's a terrific bar called the Pit & Pendulum just up from Market Square. A gothic-horror style pub which, when I last went, had The Shining playing on a loop. And good luck finding the hidden door for the gents. Great gaff, I love it there.

And if The Reflex 80s nightclub is still going, you would not be disappointed (except, perhaps, with the toilets)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't wait for this game now, I've no idea just how much today may have affected the squads morale but they will have to put it to bed really quickly and I think RDZ will have them ready,what say thee NSC.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
9 tickets left. Nearly there for another away sell-out.
That's a good turn out,there were nearly 150 left on Monday morning,got the day planned now so thank you all for your recommendations, unfortunately Hooters will not be on my things to do list but I appreciate the thought and dragging the hubby away from it as we walk by will be interesting.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A must visit, my wife is a fan....one more thing.

Colombo.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
That's a good turn out,there were nearly 150 left on Monday morning,got the day planned now so thank you all for your recommendations, unfortunately Hooters will not be on my things to do list but I appreciate the thought and dragging the hubby away from it as we walk by will be interesting.
Oddly its gone back up to 95 tickets left.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I live in Nottingham city centre and there’s plenty of good places to eat and drink.

There are some good pubs fairly close to the ground but most are home fans only.
You’re best off drinking around the station where there is Vat and Fiddle, then over the road from the station there are some good pubs by the canal waterfront, Via Fosse and Canalhouse. Cured is on the same side as the station next to the canal and is a little small but is nice and serves some good light food.

If you wanted somewhere for food and drink then obviously Hooters is near the station.
In the city centre a few mins walk from the station there is a New York style bar called Blind Rabbit which has a nice beer garden at the front and serves good food too.
Toward the castle there is Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem which claims to be the oldest pub in England, and just off the market square is The Bell Inn which claims the same title.
Fothergills is just opposite the castle and is nice if the weathers good too.

Two other places you should consider are Bohns Burgers in Hockley, only a couple of minutes from the market square and it won Best Burger bar in the UK last year. It’s also next door to a Brewdog if that’s your sort of thing.
The other is Keans Head pub in the lace market. It has a great range of beer and serves homemade curries and Indian street food.

Other than that Hockley is your best bet if you wanted to look around cool independent shops and cafes.

Hope you enjoy the city, I’m looking forward to a game I can walk to for once!
Thanks for posting , How far to Bohns Burgers from the castle ?
Any Car Parking advice for a quick getaway , (southerly direction )?
Cheers

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Thanks for posting , How far to Bohns Burgers from the castle ?
Any Car Parking advice for a quick getaway , (southerly direction )?
Cheers
It’s about a 10min walk straight through the city centre, you'll find it on Broad street.
I’m not sure about free parking, but the station car park is a 10min walk from the ground and would be easy to leave and go straight down Queens drive and to the M1 South without having to drive back past the ground.
Broadmarsh car park is one road closer to town/further from ground, but is a bit cheaper I think

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Some excellent tips on this thread.
Been to Nottingham twice before (not football related) - it’s a lovely city with a great array of pubs.
Staying in Hockley and will seek out Vat & Fiddle for lunch.
Anywhere decent post-game ? Thinking more of a hot sandwich rather than a curry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here