Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who wanted Poyet "out" now is the time...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He's absolutely turned around the season with two sublime bits of business - the signing we've needed for so long, Ulloa, and the absolute rock at the back, Upson. We've been a different team since. Players like Lopez and Orandi now have a genuine outlet to aim for and are looking like genuinely class widemen as a result. He's completely learnt from last seasons failings, packing loads of uneccessary loan signings into the midfield and hoping for the best. Instead, we're consistent and really seem to gel now, with players like Hammond making significant contributions.

We're not looking as vulnerable away from home in spells under pressure because we're so much better in the air now - partially due to the support from Ulloa but mainly due to Upson. It's unfortunate for El-Abd, but we've looked vastly more comfortable without him in the side.

Ulloa is an absolute class act, his finishing is great, his hold up play is outstanding and he is basically a better version of Glenn. The song lyric is there, 'we won't mention Murray anymore' - all the millions of posts droning on about wanting him back, we no longer miss him because we've finally replaced him, which is what we've needed to do since moving in to The Amex.

Where we are now doesn't mean the doubters know nothing about football, but it does mean they (and I!) should show more faith. But at Christmas time we were underperforming. Failure to be in the play-offs with this squad would have been an underachievement, and it did look as though we were going to have no more points to show for than last season. Some of the performances pre-Ulloa were dire, well below what is capable with this squad. But credit to the man, he got his signing and we've played some superb football ever since - turning it around when it looked like we'd thrown it away in the away games at Bristol, Barnsley and Bolton.

There's still loads of things I can't stand about Gus - 2 prime examples this week; wading into the Suarez thing again and pimping himself out to Leeds for no reason. But you cannot deny that he's played an absolute blinder in the last couple of months, and where we are now is about where we should be with a squad of such quality (which he has successfully assembled and deserves credit for).

Hats off to him.

Bloody Hell, [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] has written a post which I agree with!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
On the Lopez issue perhaps the one lesson you should learn is not to jump to conclusions so quickly and demonstrate a bit more patience in the future.

I'm fully with WW on this one. Yes, a player needs time but it took him absolutely ages to adjust, several months. It wasn't until the New Year that he offered anything. I'd written him off. It's almost a carbon copy of Murray in 2011. Thinking about it retrospectively I believe he was unattached so probably lacked a pre season.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He's absolutely turned around the season with two sublime bits of business - the signing we've needed for so long, Ulloa, and the absolute rock at the back, Upson. We've been a different team since. Players like Lopez and Orandi now have a genuine outlet to aim for and are looking like genuinely class widemen as a result. He's completely learnt from last seasons failings, packing loads of uneccessary loan signings into the midfield and hoping for the best. Instead, we're consistent and really seem to gel now, with players like Hammond making significant contributions.

We're not looking as vulnerable away from home in spells under pressure because we're so much better in the air now - partially due to the support from Ulloa but mainly due to Upson. It's unfortunate for El-Abd, but we've looked vastly more comfortable without him in the side.

Ulloa is an absolute class act, his finishing is great, his hold up play is outstanding and he is basically a better version of Glenn. The song lyric is there, 'we won't mention Murray anymore' - all the millions of posts droning on about wanting him back, we no longer miss him because we've finally replaced him, which is what we've needed to do since moving in to The Amex.

Where we are now doesn't mean the doubters know nothing about football, but it does mean they (and I!) should show more faith. But at Christmas time we were underperforming. Failure to be in the play-offs with this squad would have been an underachievement, and it did look as though we were going to have no more points to show for than last season. Some of the performances pre-Ulloa were dire, well below what is capable with this squad. But credit to the man, he got his signing and we've played some superb football ever since - turning it around when it looked like we'd thrown it away in the away games at Bristol, Barnsley and Bolton.

There's still loads of things I can't stand about Gus - 2 prime examples this week; wading into the Suarez thing again and pimping himself out to Leeds for no reason. But you cannot deny that he's played an absolute blinder in the last couple of months, and where we are now is about where we should be with a squad of such quality (which he has successfully assembled and deserves credit for).

Hats off to him.

As always, patronising ****. You know f all and you've proved it time and time again. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm fully with WW on this one. Yes, a player needs time but it took him absolutely ages to adjust, several months. It wasn't until the New Year that he offered anything. I'd written him off. It's almost a carbon copy of Murray in 2011. Thinking about it retrospectively I believe he was unattached so probably lacked a pre season.

He wasn't unattached but his contract was cancelled by mutual consent a day or two before the end of the transfer window so that he could sign for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here