Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

for those who are obsessed with FDM

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
another match, another change between the sticks, another kuipers v hendo poll on nsc the following day. as i check the results at 1:15, kuipers is well in the lead and i can't quite get my head round why. sure, FDM is a good goalkeeper, but so is hendo. the difference is that hendo is much younger, an international, and therefore much more valuable. as long as hendo plays as many games he will improve, and by the time he gets to the FDM's age he will be miles better than him with the added experience. what im trying to say is that we cannot afford to have a player like hendo on the bench, or we risk losing him very cheap when january comes. i know he put in a transfer request when he wasnt put back in the team, and i didnt think that was very good of him at all, but we either play him and get potentially over £1m for him when a big club come knocking (with FDM on the bench, pushing hendo into becoming a better keeper), OR we have FDM in the team, lose hendo for £100k or less and then all the fans will be on the club's back asking where all the ambition is. am i the only person who thinks this?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what if we play Hendo , he plays shit , no one comes in for him , FDM gets pissed off and leaves

Is that what you want , cos thats what will happen <in enfield voice>

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I can see what your saying, but FDM will get pissed off and want to leave if he is always dropped regardless of his form.

Then we will have a problem when Hendo is on international duty as at the moment Sullivan or Martin are not good enough to replace him.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Dougal said:
what if we play Hendo , he plays shit , no one comes in for him , FDM gets pissed off and leaves

How long was he on the transfer list earlier this year? Jan through to May?

Both keepers are great.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Dougal said:

yer but the thing is that he isnt shit, ok so i heard he didnt have a great game yesterday, but on his day he is no worse than kuipers when he's at his best too. when hendo went away on international duty, prior to that he was playin really well, so FDM came in as hendo couldnt play, kuipers too played well, so both could claim that they should be playing the next game. also i see a much greater difference in hendo's valuation between him playing and not playing, than i do in FDM's valuation between him playing and not playing. i cannot see FDM leaving, unless he has an argument with the manager, when he knows he'll be back in the team once a big club comes in for hendo with a large cheque. hendo is not gonna come in and just play shit, he's a very good keeper, we know that, and i think we should be grateful of having a keeper higher in the international pecking order than a premiership and a championship keeper (paddy kenny and colgan who plays for barnsley).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO it is rather ironic that first of all MM and now DW puts Henderson in as his no 1 do they see something that we supporters dont. Incidentally I agree that Henderson is a far better goalkeeper now, and a much more valuable asset, although if he goes FDM will be an able deputy in this division.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think that Deano should play the keeper that he thinks is on form on the day.

Controversial I know :eek:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
do they see something that we supporters dont?

Their performance in training 5 or 6 days a week?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here