Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] For those that went to Selhurst

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I think the majority of posts in this thread are being very mean to our neighbors.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Crystal Palace are still planning to start work on the redevelopment of Selhurst Park this summer - despite uncertainty over the club’s ownership.

Palace have been given the green light in principle to expand the capacity of their stadium from 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The club are still in negotiations with Croydon Council over the terms of their planning obligations, while Mayor Sadiq Khan needs to give his approval before final planning permission is issued.

They’ve clearly not got much experience of planning!
They’ve not been given a green light at all.
The chances of work starting this summer even if they had planning permission is slim unless they’re going to just hand out a contract to someone as if they’re a government ministry panicking over Brexit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can cheerfully say that my view of that game was the worst I've ever had at a football ground (I won't call it a stadium, as it's undeserving of the title). We couldn't see one corner of the pitch (the one in front of the Always Ultras), nor much of the far touchline. Frankly it's contemptible that Palace have the front to charge full price for tickets in about the back 15 rows of the Arthur Wait. Anywhere else in the world, they would be classed as restricted view tickets, and sold at a reduced price. But Palace are quite happy to rob you of thirty quid for that abysmal view.

On the plus side, the fact that I was completely unable to see the fourth official, nor the scoreboard, nor hear the PA system, meant that I literally had no idea the ninety minutes was up, which made for a far less stressful period of added time than normal. I was still waiting to hear how much time would be added on for stoppages when the final whistle went, so that was quite a pleasant bonus. All the joy of victory, without the nail biting tension of added time. Thanks for being a dump, Palace!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here