Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] for those that are bothered - THE FIXTURES ARE OUT..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There is something nagging me about Arsenal having a warm up match against City before they play us.

Will this be beneficial for them or go in our favour?

I too am concerned that Arsenal will already have played one match before we meet them in our first game. They will be experienced in this new arrangement and ‘battle hardened ‘ while we will be green. That is, to me unfair.

I, on the other hand, am somewhat pleased that Arsenal will have to face us after having a tough fixture just 3 (or 4 or maybe 5) days beforehand. Let's face it, all teams will have just experienced a break longer than any close season in living memory; I'm more than happy to be facing the Gunners in what is effectively their second pre-season friendly, just a few days after their first.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
How does all this fit in with test, track and trace? If say an Albion player tests positive after the first game V Arsenal does the whole squad and the whole Arsenal squad have to go into 14 days isolation? I’d have thought so but has this been discussed in any sporting circles so far?..

Is there a gap between contracting the virus and a test returning a positive result? If this is a day or two then in the above example everyone isolates for two days, is then tested and anyone negative can stop self isolating.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Is there a gap between contracting the virus and a test returning a positive result? If this is a day or two then in the above example everyone isolates for two days, is then tested and anyone negative can stop self isolating.

I can see it unfolding like this, games will proceed until the bin dippers win the league, once that has happened the season will be canned because of to much stop and start, there will be players contracting COVID and it will become to complicated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So everyone is reading this list and working out where they will be on each day. IT'S A LOAD OF RUBBISH
All they've done is take the fixture list and put it out in order over the weeks available.
Take a look at June 27th, FA Cup quarter final day, and 18th July, semi day.
This is how I see it-
June 19/22 H Arsenal
June 23/25 A Leicester
June 30/July 2 H Man Utd
July 3/6 A Norwich
July 7/9 H Liverpool
July 10/13 H Man City
July 14/16 A Saints
July 21/23 H Newcastle
July 26 A Burnley

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sky sports have committed to showing 25 games free to air, details to be announced later.

That's a decent chunk of their total quota of 64 games.

Amazon also have 4 games, which you can catch with a free 30 day trial of Prime.

BT Sport have 20 matches, but none will be Free to air.

So in total 33 games across BBC , Amazon Prime and Sky Sports will be free to view.

Boo to BT sport then

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can see it unfolding like this, games will proceed until the bin dippers win the league, once that has happened the season will be canned because of to much stop and start, there will be players contracting COVID and it will become to complicated.

For someone who at the start of the thread hadn’t a clue you seemed to have come to some pretty rapid assumptions

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Or it will play out with no problems and no one will have anything to moan about?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
For someone who at the start of the thread hadn’t a clue you seemed to have come to some pretty rapid assumptions

Not an assumption, just debating with other contributors to the thread how ever evolving scenarios will play out, as per test,track and trace, if I receive a text from PHE tomorrow saying I have been in contact with someone with covid, I am then expected to self isolate for 14 days, does this not apply to Premier league football squads?
I do however feel that if Liverpool had already won the title it would be hand shakes all round, start again in August, just an opinion..
Sorry [emoji20]

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having looked at these fixtures a few times I can only conclude that the season should be stopped where it is and PPG used to determine places.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Play the

Villa v Sheff Utd
Man City v Arsenal
Everton v Liverpool

games, and then make a decision on continuing the season at that point.

:albion2:

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Not an assumption, just debating with other contributors to the thread how ever evolving scenarios will play out, as per test,track and trace, if I receive a text from PHE tomorrow saying I have been in contact with someone with covid, I am then expected to self isolate for 14 days, does this not apply to Premier league football squads?
I do however feel that if Liverpool had already won the title it would be hand shakes all round, start again in August, just an opinion..
Sorry [emoji20]

It does seem to be a huge risk but I think the main motivating factor has been avoiding having to pay back TV money. Assuming the more games they play, the less they'll have to repay I think they're just hoping to get through as many rounds as possible before the whole things becomes a sham. And, of course, there is a chance they might get through all of them. If there are a significant number of positive tests, it'll be interesting to see how far they'll push it before admitting that "sporting integrity" has become affected and they abandon the season.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It does seem to be a huge risk but I think the main motivating factor has been avoiding having to pay back TV money. Assuming the more games they play, the less they'll have to repay I think they're just hoping to get through as many rounds as possible before the whole things becomes a sham. And, of course, there is a chance they might get through all of them. If there are a significant number of positive tests, it'll be interesting to see how far they'll push it before admitting that "sporting integrity" has become affected and they abandon the season.

This is what is all about, Money, not like the good old days of the Seagull line[emoji1303].

i would have thought that it would make sense for the whole playing team to stay in a hotel for the rest of the season and stay together. they are more likely to infect another player if they return home and meet people outside the club before and after matches.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
i would have thought that it would make sense for the whole playing team to stay in a hotel for the rest of the season and stay together. they are more likely to infect another player if they return home and meet people outside the club before and after matches.

Cracking plan, Baldrick, until an infected player kills someone. :ffsparr:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fixtures will be complicated by the FA squeezing in the Cup QFs, SFs and Final too.

Remember, we play no less than 6 of the remaining teams - Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd, Norwich, Arsenal and Leicester.

The QFs are scheduled for the weekend of the 27th June, when we are supposed to be playing Leicester - the same clash that was happening before lockdown.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here