Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For Those Of You Having A Moan . . .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Losing to 9 man Walsall (who were down to 9 men by half time), at home, at Withdean will always be the game I regard as the performance to never forget whenever I leave games after poor performances whilst having a tantrum, crying and screaming for the manager to get sacked all the way back to Brighton station. This memory always calms me down by the time I get home

Didn’t we then beat the superstars of Manchester City in the cup a few days later? Funny old game

Big names loved playing at Withdean :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Kingstonian away in the cup for fark’s ache! :amex:

Getting beaten by an ex-Palace player too.

I witnessed the most extreme example of a disappointed and frustrated Albion fan at the end of that game. He ran on the pitch and tried in vain to rip the nylon stripes from his torso in abject, protesting disgust, only to be led away by plod with a half dismembered shirt trailing behind him.

Drawing with the mighty Toon in front of a full house at a shiny new stadium to leave us 6th in the PL doesn't even register a blip on that particular graph.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Getting beaten by an ex-Palace player too.

I witnessed the most extreme example of a disappointed and frustrated Albion fan at the end of that game. He ran on the pitch and tried in vain to rip the nylon stripes from his torso in abject, protesting disgust, only to be led away by plod with a half dismembered shirt trailing behind him.

Drawing with the mighty Toon in front of a full house at a shiny new stadium to leave us 6th in the PL doesn't even register a blip on that particular graph.

No of course it doesn't. But all things are relative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here