Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] For those of a certain age

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Could those trousers be any tighter! Bet he stinks of fags... anyway thanks for the trip back to the distant past...

It took me right back

I didn’t remember there being so many guests

My two particular favourite bits were when he called the aristocracy lady love and when he thought the boy Marcus who won was a girl called Margaret

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

What is a Warwickshire drooper? Snigger

What is woad and it's not a Japanese motorway ?

£3000...I can get 10 mother-in-laws for that!

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Unbelievably I’m sure I remember watching it when Stan Boardman hosted it.

*just checked Wikipedia and it’s true!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Having been brought up in Shepherds Bush I got to see a few recordings of Runaround & Jim'll Fix It ( Yes, he fixed it alright!).
God that was a long time ago but only seems like, erm, a long time ago!

Jul 7, 2003
What channel was this on as I assume Channel 81 is a freeview reference?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Has anyone been in Argos since they re-opened ?

It's pure rounaround where you are asked to stand in a designated numbered box. I was really really hoping Mike Reid would appear and ask a question then tell us to ger, ger, ger go.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having been brought up in Shepherds Bush I got to see a few recordings of Runaround & Jim'll Fix It ( Yes, he fixed it alright!).
God that was a long time ago but only seems like, erm, a long time ago!

Are you getting confused with Cheggars Plays Pop ?

I'd be surprised if Runaround was filmed at TVC because it made by Southern. No idea where it was filmed, Southampton, Maidstone ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This thread is useless without video links . . . I used to quite like runaround.

Thankfully Jimmy Saville never replied to my letter to visit Ark Royal. Seamen wasn't his thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What channel was this on as I assume Channel 81 is a freeview reference?

445 on Virgin.

Never heard of this particular show. They do have some good Robin of Sherwood (soundtrack by Clannad) stuff though - and some horrendously non-PC black and white British films from the 40s and 50s. Those who are outraged by The Dambusters (you know what I'm referring to - woof woof and all that) should steer well clear if you don't want to die of apoplexy (I'm assuming that's a fairly painful way to go!)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Reading the title I thought this was another Leeds thread abiut how they used to be a big club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here