Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the benefit of the complete and utter shyster

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Eh? - that is exactly mistaken identity then! He thought it was Dunk when it was actually Bissouma.

Mike Dean saw a foul by Dunk that didn't happen, rather than thinking that he was Bissouma which is what I would say is mistaken identity. Either way he's a ****ing ****.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It really doesn’t. The ref doesn’t radio the fourth official (or anyone for that matter) to let match commentators what he has given a decision for.

You might be right or you might be wrong, but commentators have no more information than the viewers at home.

From the BBC website (not always the most accurate) (love the Nsc autocorrect name for MD)
Referee The Complete And Utter Shyster showed the Brighton defender his first yellow card for a challenge on Brooks, but the Bournemouth match-winner appeared to be caught by the retreating Bissouma.

Live text
62' Booking
Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

Dismissal
73'
Second yellow card to Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion) for a bad foul.

So definitely not disent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mike Dean saw a foul by Dunk that didn't happen, rather than thinking that he was Bissouma which is what I would say is mistaken identity. Either way he's a ****ing ****.

Correct. A mistake, but not mistaken identity

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the BBC website (not always the most accurate) (love the Nsc autocorrect name for MD)
Referee The Complete And Utter Shyster showed the Brighton defender his first yellow card for a challenge on Brooks, but the Bournemouth match-winner appeared to be caught by the retreating Bissouma.

Live text
62' Booking

Dismissal
73'

That is commentary provided by someone watching the game in the same way that any of us are watching the game. They have no inside track from officials as to why any particular decision is given or not given.

I have no idea why the yellow was given, but neither do the commentators. They might be right. They might be wrong. But the point is they do not know due to some inside knowledge.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Live text
62' Booking

Dismissal
73'

The NSC 'leader' is always right.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That is commentary provided by someone watching the game in the same way that any of us are watching the game. They have no inside track from officials as to why any particular decision is given or not given.

I have no idea why the yellow was given, but neither do the commentators. They might be right. They might be wrong. But the point is they do not know due to some inside knowledge.

At what point did I say the time the commentator confirmed the first yellow? He confirmed it after Dunk had been sent off. Whether you like it or not, these people do get confirmation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As ever, I have no idea what your problem is, but do you really think the Premier League have a system in place whereby TV companies and their commentators are fed official refereeing decisions from the horse's mouth?

Those TV companies that have slow-mo footage from about 10 different angles of every incident and can then dissect that referee's decision and make him look an absolute arse when this "official" reason is wrong.

Tell me how this system works with, please, with a few links to the Premier League describing it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps he thought that the foul that he definitely saw was committed by Dunk when it was by Bissouma so definitely mistaken identity as he got the wrong person who committed the foul.

No, that would be ridiculous.

Mistaken identity is when a referee confuses one player with another. Dean knew exactly well, that the player pushing Brooks was Bissouma, and knew exactly well that the player he adjudged to have deliberately blocked him off was Dunk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I wasn't disputing Bozza's opinion. Some suggested earlier the first yellow was for dissent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It really doesn’t. The ref doesn’t radio the fourth official (or anyone for that matter) to let match commentators what he has given a decision for.

You might be right or you might be wrong, but commentators have no more information than the viewers at home.

This is interesting because during the commentary for the lunchtime game..R5 quoted the reason for a particular booking as confirmed by the PL and that was a few minutes after the card was shown...make of that what you will

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, that would be ridiculous.

Mistaken identity is when a referee confuses one player with another. Dean knew exactly well, that the player pushing Brooks was Bissouma, and knew exactly well that the player he adjudged to have deliberately blocked him off was Dunk.

Everything to you is black and white but that doesnt happen in real life. It is possible that he considered the Dunk block was the foul rather than the push by Bissouma which caused the player to go over.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everything to you is black and white but that doesnt happen in real life. It is possible that he considered the Dunk block was the foul rather than the push by Bissouma which caused the player to go over.

Not the first time he’s sent an Albion player off erroneously but then he is seen as one of the worst refs in the Premier league by plenty of fans of other clubs. Sooner the **** retires the better

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It is black and white. What you are suggesting is just not relevant to the mistaken identity rule. And yes, of course he considered that it was the Dunk block that brought him down. That is why he booked him!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My point is that Dunk DIDNT commit a foul that was committed by Bissouma.so wrong person punished.

Yes, we all know that. Everybody knows that. It’s irrelevant.

Dunk DID make the challenge that Dean perceived as a bookable foul, not Bissouma. That’s all there is to it. It really doesn’t matter now, whether it was a foul or not. You can’t appeal a yellow, except for mistaken identity - not the case here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't disputing Bozza's opinion. Some suggested earlier the first yellow was for dissent.

I certainly wasn't suggesting the booking was for dissent.
Just questioning how posters knew it wasn't for dissent when Dunk's foul and abusive language was there for all to see.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BBC live text really doesn’t prove anything I’m afraid. It’s often inaccurate and guesswork / opinion.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At what point did I say the time the commentator confirmed the first yellow? He confirmed it after Dunk had been sent off. Whether you like it or not, these people do get confirmation.

There must be some sort of link between the officials and the TV lot - because the TV lot confirm who it is who has been booked, when it isn't immediately obvious from watching the match. That is - how did they know it was Dunk who was booked without being told by someone in the official's camp, because you couldn't tell at the time. And if they confirm the name, surely they may well also confirm the reason?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here