Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They were £1 mate - 23x£1 and £7 left over in the unlikely even we played 7 home cup games in the season. So the £30 was put onto STs - fair enough. However that should include cup travel so we shouldn't pay normal match by match prices fore cup games if ST holders - a very small and not that major point though I agree. Point is (correct me if i'm wrong) the price for a North Stand match ticket last yr was £24. This yr it's £28 (maybe the most expensive seats have gone up by more than £4 i dont know) so they have increased and it's certainly not £4 for travel... I think most agree the match by match prices are a rip off in comparision to the fairly priced STs - there must be a reasonm behind this tho - maybe driving more people to getting STs...?

The DD has gone up by £2.50 a month which is £30 per year, the same cost as the travel vouchers were. I checked it on my bank statement - last season £32.91 and this season £35.41.
My train ticket would cost more than £4 if it wasn't included.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Look, I really have no idea what your beef is.

I'll say it again: Financial Fair Play is a massive deal for the club right now, and will be a big factor in Paul Barber's work. I'm not, for one minute, saying it has anything to do with whatever is happening to our cheerleaders, or lack of.

I'm out of this thread, because you're random and annoying.

Put your curlers back in dear.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
To be honest I always thought Gully's Girls, from a purely entertainment point of view which is presumably why they were there, were a bit shit. Their dancing was never particularly impressive, and was it really necessary to do a lap of honor to celebrate their mediocrity every single time they performed? If there has to be some form of half-time entertainment what's wrong with just bringing two fans onto the pitch, making them spin round a broom 10 times and then take a penalty - like what happened at Huddersfield?

Why does there need to be half time entertainment anyway? Why not just announce the prize from whatever the lottery is called and bring an ex-player onto the pitch?

Jan 30, 2008
To be honest I always thought Gully's Girls, from a purely entertainment point of view which is presumably why they were there, were a bit shit. Their dancing was never particularly impressive, and was it really necessary to do a lap of honor to celebrate their mediocrity every single time they performed? If there has to be some form of half-time entertainment what's wrong with just bringing two fans onto the pitch, making them spin round a broom 10 times and then take a penalty - like what happened at Huddersfield?

Why does there need to be half time entertainment anyway? Why not just announce the prize from whatever the lottery is called and bring an ex-player onto the pitch?
MIGHT AS WELL DO AWAY WITH TIMMY TRENDY AND HIS HALF TIME INTERVIEWS, how much are they paying him ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The vouchers were £30 for home games which is £1.50 per game. I was one of the 'muggins'/honest fan who paid for mine last season. If you bought a match day ticket for the north stand in a cup game, it would be £28, so you have to compare like with like.

Incorrect. Last season the book of vouchers was £30 and included cup games. I cannot remember if there was 30 in the book but it would have been around that figure, £1 per game. This season £30 is added to your season ticket, so it is now £30 / 23 games = £1.30 . Any cup games this season is included in your match ticket price, hence the rise in matchday ticket prices this season.

The DD has gone up by £2.50 a month which is £30 per year, the same cost as the travel vouchers were. I checked it on my bank statement - last season £32.91 and this season £35.41.
My train ticket would cost more than £4 if it wasn't included.

Eh? I know the transport addition was £30 for ST holders - and there's 23 lg games... The £4 thing is irrelevent - not everyone needs any public transport (i dont personally) so your train fee means nothing to the price hike. Fact is, match by match tickets have gone up after 1 year - and not JUST cos of the small transport levy. Think we're getting wires crossed here - it's not a big deal (but tickets match by match have def gone up a fair bit for this season)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Eh? I know the transport addition was £30 for ST holders - and there's 23 lg games... The £4 thing is irrelevent - not everyone needs any public transport (i dont personally) so your train fee means nothing to the price hike. Fact is, match by match tickets have gone up after 1 year - and not JUST cos of the small transport levy. Think we're getting wires crossed here - it's not a big deal (but tickets match by match have def gone up a fair bit for this season)

If I recall correctly, match tickets went up £2.00, plus £2.00 was added for the transport levy.

Whether any given person uses public transport is irrelevant - it is there to subsidise a hefty transport cost.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I recall correctly, match tickets went up £2.00, plus £2.00 was added for the transport levy.

Whether any given person uses public transport is irrelevant - it is there to subsidise a hefty transport cost.

Barber did the right thing to bin Azure they were f***ing hopeless imo. Gully's Girls, well they are a side show but integral to the spirit of BHAFC imo and this is not coming from a perve with a long angle lense, I watched them sometimes , most often I did not but this is not about GG's just finding a compramise between ruthless corporate hard driving and respecting the past imo. I don't know Barber from Adam he might be the greatest CEO of all time, time will tell.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry did not mean to highlight TLO's post.

Barber did the right thing to bin Azure they were f***ing hopeless imo. Gully's Girls, well they are a side show but integral to the spirit of BHAFC imo and this is not coming from a perve with a long angle lense, I watched them sometimes , most often I did not but this is not about GG's just finding a compramise between ruthless corporate hard driving and respecting the past imo. I don't know Barber from Adam he might be the greatest CEO of all time, time will tell.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Gully's girls is a shame.

Rulng out safe standing without consultation shows a lack of consideration of fans views and is arrogant

Charging for children to be club mascot is a disgrace!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

To be fair to Barber .... he isn't doing anything unexpected. This is who he is, and what he does. That's what Bloom wanted, and why he hired him.

Good post.

Not sure why all the drama queens are choosing to ignore this fundamental truth.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good post.

Not sure why all the drama queens are choosing to ignore this fundamental truth.

Just a personal view on things. No drama. Let's all have a Happy Xmas and a great big group hug. I hope you have a wonderful time mate. No hard feelings.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Which is why Brown was sacked and Barber brought in, Bloom wants a job doing a certain way and Barber is the man he chose to do it

That's even more worrying that Bloom wants a corporate hatchet man. We are not an investment bank!
We are a community football club with fans from all social backgrounds.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Gully's Girls were not an integral part of the spirit of the club. That is laughable. It makes NO difference whether they are there or not. The rivalry with Crystal Palace, Blue and White stripes, the campaigns against Archer - these are things that integral to the spirit of the club. A bunch of cheerleaders? Nah.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No it was 24 I'm sure. so transport went up to 2pound then. if people had been honest then yes it would / should matter who uses it actually. I wasn't moaning in that post cos I control either...

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Which is why Brown was sacked and Barber brought in, Bloom wants a job doing a certain way and Barber is the man he chose to do it

Bloom wants Premiership Football, so it seems do most of the fans. It doesn't come cheap. If fans want it they have to pay for it, Uncle Tony isn't so rich that he can afford to subsidise the playing side to that extent, it has to be a viable business.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
With a £100million stadium to pay for

Yes, so don't hire a hatchet man!

Stay within budget on the field of play... Send home Vicente, don't sign another striker If we can't afford it, sell CMS. I'd rather be in the Championship than a Premier League soulless corporate machine!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes, so don't hire a hatchet man!

Stay within budget on the field of play... Send home Vicente, don't sign another striker If we can't afford it, sell CMS. I'd rather be in the Championship than a Premier League soulless corporate machine!

Sell our best assets and we'd soon be in league one, Poyet gone and having a half empty ground, we have to push on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here