Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
what is this Financial Fair Play of which you speak?

Financial fair play – UEFA.com

UEFA's Executive Committee unanimously approved a financial fair play concept for the game's well-being in September 2009. The concept has also been supported by the entire football family, with its principal objectives being:

• to introduce more discipline and rationality in club football finances;
• to decrease pressure on salaries and transfer fees and limit inflationary effect;
• to encourage clubs to compete with(in) their revenues;
• to encourage long-term investments in the youth sector and infrastructure;
• to protect the long-term viability of European club football;
• to ensure clubs settle their liabilities on a timely basis.

These approved objectives reflect the view that UEFA has a duty to consider the systemic environment of European club football in which individual clubs compete, and in particular the wider inflationary impact of clubs' spending on salaries and transfer fees.

In recent seasons, many clubs have reported repeated, and worsening, financial losses. The wider economic situation has created difficult market conditions for clubs in Europe, and this can have a negative impact on revenue generation and creates additional challenges for clubs in respect of the availability of financing and day-to-day operations. Many clubs have experienced liquidity shortfalls, leading for instance to delayed payments to other clubs, employees and social/tax authorities.

Therefore, as requested by the football family, and in consultation with the football family, UEFA is introducing sensible and achievable measures to realise these goals. They include an obligation for clubs, over a period of time, to balance their books or break even. Under the concept, clubs cannot repeatedly spend more than their generated revenues, and clubs will be obliged to meet all their transfer and employee payment commitments at all times. Higher-risk clubs that fail certain indicators will also be required to provide budgets detailing their strategic plans.

The financial fair play measures involve a multi-year assessment, enabling a longer-term view to be formed and within the wider context of European club football. They reach beyond the existing UEFA club licensing system criteria that are primarily designed to enable an assessment of a club's financial situation in the short term, and is primarily administered by the governing bodies in each UEFA national association.

The UEFA Executive Committee approved the formation of the two-chamber Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) in June 2012 to oversee the application of the UEFA Club Licensing System and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

The CFCB replaced the Club Financial Control Panel, which had monitored clubs since the first introduction of the regulations in May 2010, with the main evolution being that the CFCB is an UEFA Organ for the Administration of Justice. It is also competent to impose disciplinary measures in the case of non-fulfilment of the requirements, and to decide on cases relating to clubs’ eligibility for UEFA club competitions.

Under Article 34 of the procedural rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body, CFCB members remove themselves from cases, on their own initiative or upon request if they themselves, their association or a club belonging to that association, or another club with which they are connected in any other way, are directly concerned, or if their independence or impartiality is in doubt.

The UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, which were approved in May 2010 after an extensive consultation period and updated in the 2012 edition, are being implemented over a three-year period, with clubs participating in UEFA club competitions having their transfer and employee payables monitored since the summer of 2011, and the break-even assessment covering the financial years ending 2012 and 2013 to be assessed during 2013/14.

©UEFA.com 1998-2012. All rights reserved.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I absolutely agree it has gone beyond the cheerleaders. I have no preference either way towards them. However in the bigger picture it is decisions poorly made in my humble opinion. Volunteers giving up their time to entertain the crowd, maybe more so for the youngsters than us oldies, doing good work for AITC and raising funds for charity and the CEO doesn't even think to get an angle from the people that use the Amex? That smacks of arrogance to me. The paper ticket now being £10 means I can't be bothered to give my ticket to someone when I can't go now because I want a tenner myself to cover my direct debit, and twenty quid ain't really a bargain to allow someone to have an Amex experience and possibly be a future STH. Ridiculous ticket pricing for cup games, North stand STH's being ejected for standing up despite being told they can. None of this has been relayed back to the supporters. It's a guess per game basis what is going to happen next. I think it's important to know why, even if others don't. Whingeing? nah... just a little lost on club policy.

And none of what I have said above has anything to do with Financial Fair Play, so using it in a defence is pointless.

Incorrect. Last season the book of vouchers was £30 and included cup games. I cannot remember if there was 30 in the book but it would have been around that figure, £1 per game. This season £30 is added to your season ticket, so it is now £30 / 23 games = £1.30 . Any cup games this season is included in your match ticket price, hence the rise in matchday ticket prices this season.

What about the rise in travel costs since last year? All seem great value to me.

Don't know why everyone has suddenly gone so anti-barber...he can't win. Give him a few years and judge him with some rational thought. Not all this prices are going up but I want my football cheaper crap.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And none of what I have said above has anything to do with Financial Fair Play, so using it in a defence is pointless.
Have you got out of the bed the wrong way or something?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Look, I really have no idea what your beef is.

I'll say it again: Financial Fair Play is a massive deal for the club right now, and will be a big factor in Paul Barber's work. I'm not, for one minute, saying it has anything to do with whatever is happening to our cheerleaders, or lack of.

I'm out of this thread, because you're random and annoying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
what is this Financial Fair Play of which you speak?

Basically means that clubs like Palace who don't achieve promotion this season are f***ed :lolol: They won't be able to do it the "Pompey" way in the future.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What about the rise in travel costs since last year? All seem great value to me.

Don't know why everyone has suddenly gone so anti-barber...he can't win. Give him a few years and judge him with some rational thought. Not all this prices are going up but I want my football cheaper crap.

The weird thing is, the price rises (tickets, beer, pies, programmes) were, I'm told, decided around this time last year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Travel costs have gone up by more than the rate of inflation so everyone paying towards the expense gives the club a chance to break even on the costs of a mass transit strategy. Last season the club must have lost a fortune with 95% of fans using public transport within the travel zone for free.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The weird thing is, the price rises (tickets, beer, pies, programmes) were, I'm told, decided around this time last year.

The majority of professional football clubs do the same , some have to make adjustments later on depending on promotion/relegation issues with ticket prices.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Last season the club must have lost a fortune with 95% of fans using public transport within the travel zone for free.

The club must have agreed a fee with the transport companies upfront.

No one was counting passengers, I don't think?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The majority of professional football clubs do the same , some have to make adjustments later on depending on promotion/relegation issues with ticket prices.

No doubt.

My point being, Paul Barber officially started on June 25. Even if there was a couple of months' lead-in before he took his role, what effect would he have had on the previous year's budget talks?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club must have agreed a fee with the transport companies upfront.

No one was counting passengers, I don't think?

There were a couple of stewards with clicker counters at the station counting the passengers coming off the platform.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There were a couple of stewards with clicker counters at the station counting the passengers coming off the platform.

If the train and bus companies were being paid on a per head basis last season they would certainly have made more effort in counting passengers than leaving it to a couple of club employed stewards. The companies providing the transport had already been paid by the club , it was the fans travelling for nothing who screwed it up.

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
There's only one person who can deal with Mr Barber.

image.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The vouchers were £30 for home games which is £1.50 per game. I was one of the 'muggins'/honest fan who paid for mine last season. If you bought a match day ticket for the north stand in a cup game, it would be £28, so you have to compare like with like.

Incorrect. Last season the book of vouchers was £30 and included cup games. I cannot remember if there was 30 in the book but it would have been around that figure, £1 per game. This season £30 is added to your season ticket, so it is now £30 / 23 games = £1.30 . Any cup games this season is included in your match ticket price, hence the rise in matchday ticket prices this season.

They were £1 mate - 23x£1 and £7 left over in the unlikely even we played 7 home cup games in the season. So the £30 was put onto STs - fair enough. However that should include cup travel so we shouldn't pay normal match by match prices fore cup games if ST holders - a very small and not that major point though I agree. Point is (correct me if i'm wrong) the price for a North Stand match ticket last yr was £24. This yr it's £28 (maybe the most expensive seats have gone up by more than £4 i dont know) so they have increased and it's certainly not £4 for travel... I think most agree the match by match prices are a rip off in comparision to the fairly priced STs - there must be a reasonm behind this tho - maybe driving more people to getting STs...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here