Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, not been on NSC regularly (mainly since morons were calling for Gus' head about 7 games ago - nothing personal..) but i assume this is all to do with the ticket exchange thing? You spoke to him Bozza did you - and were left feeling happy and that there wasn't any wool being pulled over your eyes? I would trust your opinion on this you see... So is the ticket Exchange still being shut down?

This particular thread is do with Gully's Girls being axed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you know he has to run all decisions by Bloom? When have these annoying niggly shits on the fans started happening - since Barber came to the club - so yes i do think it's his making..? I'm just worried for the future if this keeps escilating...

The niggly shits has only just started since Barber, bloodyhell, people have been moaning on here on just about everything since the stadium opened.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You'll not last long here with such a reasonable approach. Well, not much longer than 8 and a half years anyway.

You really don't get it, do you? This nasty, vicious, malicious and just plain spiteful move has all but killed the REMF. Let's just wrap the charity up now.

ha!

Just strikes me as weird that the REMF is being used as a reason to attack Barber when in reality, there's no change in their ability to fundraise or give time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The niggly shits has only just started since Barber, bloodyhell, people have been moaning on here on just about everything since the stadium opened.

My personal opinion. The price increases etc have been. Nothing to really moan about first season. Nothing greatly to moan about now (not that will bother me that much) BUT I'm a bit worried for the future and the way it could well go...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ha!

Just strikes me as weird that the REMF is being used as a reason to attack Barber when in reality, there's no change in their ability to fundraise or give time

This.

The girls from Gully's Girls did (and hopefully will continue to) work hard at the annual match, and we are grateful. However, I can't say I'm particularly pleased about the charity being used as a stick to beat someone with, especially as it's not the central issue, and it won't really affect it.

If anyone is upset about Gully's Girls dissolution, fine - write to Paul Barber if they feel that strongly, but I'd say keep REMF out of this.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This.

The girls from Gully's Girls did (and hopefully will continue to) work hard at the annual match, and we are grateful. However, I can't say I'm particularly pleased about the charity being used as a stick to beat someone with, especially as it's not the central issue, and it won't really affect it.

If anyone is upset about Gully's Girls dissolution, fine - write to Paul Barber if they feel that strongly, but I'd say keep REMF out of this.

Boom.Not often we agree, but spot on.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I know I will get shot down for this, but why don't some on here take a leaf out of FC United's book and form their own team - REMF FC or FC REMF?, they could then rent Withdean, employ Gully's Girls, eat shit food and generally go back to being a tin pot club! The rest of us can ten get on with watching the Albion rise to the Promised (?) Land, drinking our pints of Harveys, eating our award winning pies, in our nice new shiney, dry (!) stadium. Just a thought like...........

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You'll not last long here with such a reasonable approach. Well, not much longer than 8 and a half years anyway.

You really don't get it, do you? This nasty, vicious, malicious and just plain spiteful move has all but killed the REMF. Let's just wrap the charity up now.

WOW, just WOW, says the person who rolled over to Barbers demands and has been SILENT on the Ticket Exchange fiasco !!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My personal opinion. The price increases etc have been. Nothing to really moan about first season. Nothing greatly to moan about now (not that will bother me that much) BUT I'm a bit worried for the future and the way it could well go...

I mentioned the price increases earlier in the thread. The catering prices were put up for the FBS concert and the ticket prices were put up to include the travel voucher. Neither of which were to do with Barber.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think the playing squad is part of his remit.

Interesting that Gus is quoted today saying we are now more able to meet the costs of better quality players. Presumably this is in part down to Barber improving the balance sheet.

Sorry to piss on peoples' parade but just what do they want?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's what I did when there was something bugging me. After an email response, we then spent an hour or so on the phone, during which I was left in no doubt about his passion to ensure the Albion matches up to Tony Bloom's "best of class" vision for the club we all love.

Good news. I have always felt with the Albion post-Archer that if I had a real gripe I could speak with the powers that be. You may not get what you want but you get an opportunity to share your concerns and listen to the Clubs perspective.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You spoke to him Bozza did you - and were left feeling happy and that there wasn't any wool being pulled over your eyes?

I did, yes. We would have met face to face but I'm a long way from Sussex, and he tends to be somewhat busy when I am in Sussex, namely matchdays.

I got the impression that if you asked him a question, you would get an honest answer. I also got the impression that he's single-minded in his approach to get the Albion away from the slightly Fawlty Towers-esque cottage industry that we were not too long ago, to where Tony Bloom wants us to be. It's a big job - there are not many organisations that change in scale as rapidly as the Albion have done so. It's still only a year and a half ago we were playing in front of 8,000 people at Withdean - it feels a lifetime ago now.

Will he make mistakes? Probably, but how many of us don't? All we can hope is that he learns from those mistakes and adjusts appropriately.

I have no idea what the situation with Gully's Girls is, nor who has been involved in any changes being made. My own personal view is that if they aren't going to be around the Albion any more, then it's a shame.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry im late to the binfest, but exactly how much do we think axing Gullys Girls is going to save the club? or is there another reason?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't but it does add to the debate as to whether safe standing will attract to the game the problems endemic with the 70s and80s. Is football violence on such a dramatic increase in any other European league (I understand that Germany is the only country where the top division allow safe standing)? The recent agreement of the teams to implement better security and searches to stop flares getting in the grounds does not say anything about removing the standing but if , despite these measures, the statistics continue to decline then don't you think they will look at whether the standing facility is a contributory factor.

Police stats show last year was rough in Bundesliga | News | DW.DE | 19.11.2012

Ultras play with fire as Bundesliga engulfed by flares and violence | Raphael Honigstein | Football | guardian.co.uk

Borussia Dortmund's Bundesliga defeat by Schalke sparks violence | ManmadeMag

Bundesliga - German clubs agree on security plan - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

There is no chance of any serious consideration for safe standing in this country if those nay sayers get these stats and articles on the debate table.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't any idea why Gully's Girls have finished, but maybe it is because Jo got a job with AITC, and nobody else was willing to give up their time to run them, and with the rehearsals?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I mentioned the price increases earlier in the thread. The catering prices were put up for the FBS concert and the ticket prices were put up to include the travel voucher. Neither of which were to do with Barber.

Fair do's if that's the case (I haven't taken much notice of WHO but the ticket prices are way too high for match by match imo). I don't think you'll find the prices just went up cos of the travel thing - they've risen by £4 in the cheapest section and the transport should only be £1 shouldn't it? If they've blamed the increase on the travel it's simply not true - the prices went drastically up overnight % terms. I'm lucky enough to have a ST and even if i didnt i would never ever need to buy from the club (supporters club / mates etc - always spares knocking about) but i feel for those who do have to buy from the club at these prices. The mascot / GG / Programme / Catering / Print a ticket / Lose ST card increases etc are the worry. I'm trying to think for others here and be unselfish btw and think of 'our' club as not all affect me atall...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As much as I'd like to think you're right, the sad fact is that this is not our 'little old Albion' that we fought for so many years to save. Might not be quite so easy to remove an undesirable as it used to be.

Are you saying it was easy to remove Archer/Belotti/Stanley? I think they had the last laugh on the club didn't they?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did, yes. We would have met face to face but I'm a long way from Sussex, and he tends to be somewhat busy when I am in Sussex, namely matchdays.

I got the impression that if you asked him a question, you would get an honest answer. I also got the impression that he's single-minded in his approach to get the Albion away from the slightly Fawlty Towers-esque cottage industry that we were not too long ago, to where Tony Bloom wants us to be. It's a big job - there are not many organisations that change in scale as rapidly as the Albion have done so. It's still only a year and a half ago we were playing in front of 8,000 people at Withdean - it feels a lifetime ago now.

Will he make mistakes? Probably, but how many of us don't? All we can hope is that he learns from those mistakes and adjusts appropriately.

I have no idea what the situation with Gully's Girls is, nor who has been involved in any changes being made. My own personal view is that if they aren't going to be around the Albion any more, then it's a shame.

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to meeting Barber and forming my own opinions on him and his vision for the Albion. It will be interesting to hear his reasons for certain things such as GG / match day prices (that are clearly too high - Newcastle will prove that imo) - even if they were / weren't directly his decision.

I think we all understand there is gonig to be a big change as the club becomes a fairly big club and mistakes will be made, but let's hope the fans still have a voice...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here