For the attention of Mr Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This may have been covered in this11 page festival of shit, but what is stopping GGs from still helping and raising money for REMF? Because they can't dance at half time they cant give their time to charity?

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This may have been covered in this11 page festival of shit, but what is stopping GGs from still helping and raising money for REMF? Because they can't dance at half time they cant give their time to charity?

You'll not last long here with such a reasonable approach. Well, not much longer than 8 and a half years anyway.

You really don't get it, do you? This nasty, vicious, malicious and just plain spiteful move has all but killed the REMF. Let's just wrap the charity up now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems to me that every albion chief executive has been unpopular on this board. Even the guy who delivered the stadium was nicknamed Obergruppenfuhrer Perry.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am old school when it comes to pre-match entertainment - but the one thing I did like about Gully's Girls was their inclusivity, and that girls of different shapes and sizes were accommodated. If we get "dancers" like West Ham and Palace it will just make us look tinpot. If we have to have a troupe - Gully's Girls made the right statement for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it is disgraceful that Gully's Girls have been ditched. My daughter and many others are not happy, and quite a few of us old pervs aren't best pleased too.

BRING BACK THE DANCING GIRLS.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really don't think Barber is the right person for a club like BHA. I'm all for increasing revenue but we should still remain a club for the fans not a cut throat business.

Nail. Head.

Would rather stilll have the Albion we know and love in the long term in the Champs or Lg 1 than a corporate, money making business machine that Barber is making...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
while I rarely get to my seat before GG......I like what they do and the spirit with which they do it.

This is a real shame and the decision needs to be reversed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You'll not last long here with such a reasonable approach. Well, not much longer than 8 and a half years anyway.

You really don't get it, do you? This nasty, vicious, malicious and just plain spiteful move has all but killed the REMF. Let's just wrap the charity up now.

Top form as usual Bozza, people decided it was maybe time to wrap the REMF up 6 years ago, I fought against that. Snide comments are par for the course though.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Its 'small beer' in the grand scheme of things, but certainly symptomatic of this Barber 'mission creep' which is seeing the fans' voice diluted to almost lip servie levesl.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you have figures on prosecutions in safe standing areas only ?

I don't but it does add to the debate as to whether safe standing will attract to the game the problems endemic with the 70s and80s. Is football violence on such a dramatic increase in any other European league (I understand that Germany is the only country where the top division allow safe standing)? The recent agreement of the teams to implement better security and searches to stop flares getting in the grounds does not say anything about removing the standing but if , despite these measures, the statistics continue to decline then don't you think they will look at whether the standing facility is a contributory factor.

Police stats show last year was rough in Bundesliga | News | DW.DE | 19.11.2012

Ultras play with fire as Bundesliga engulfed by flares and violence | Raphael Honigstein | Football | guardian.co.uk

Borussia Dortmund's Bundesliga defeat by Schalke sparks violence | ManmadeMag

Bundesliga - German clubs agree on security plan - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is this thread a good time to let you all know Barber will be coming to one of our supporters club meetings, prob in January?

I will happily relay a selection of (serious) questions from NSC if people want...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nail. Head.

Would rather stilll have the Albion we know and love in the long term in the Champs or Lg 1 than a corporate, money making business machine that Barber is making...

'Barber is making'?

Tony Bloom employs him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Top form as usual Bozza, people decided it was maybe time to wrap the REMF up 6 years ago, I fought against that. Snide comments are par for the course though.

That wasn't a snide comment you thin-skinned old queen. (That might have been though)

If you have a gripe, pop an email or letter to Paul Barber. It's a far better approach than writing an overly-dramatic whinge on a messageboard that he'll likely never see.

It's what I did when there was something bugging me. After an email response, we then spent an hour or so on the phone, during which I was left in no doubt about his passion to ensure the Albion matches up to Tony Bloom's "best of class" vision for the club we all love.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Barber is making'?

Tony Bloom employs him.

Do you know he has to run all decisions by Bloom? When have these annoying niggly shits on the fans started happening - since Barber came to the club - so yes i do think it's his making..? I'm just worried for the future if this keeps escilating...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That wasn't a snide comment you thin-skinned old queen. (That might have been though)

If you have a gripe, pop an email or letter to Paul Barber. It's a far better approach than writing an overly-dramatic whinge on a messageboard that he'll likely never see.

It's what I did when there was something bugging me. After an email response, we then spent an hour or so on the phone, during which I was left in no doubt about his passion to ensure the Albion matches up to Tony Bloom's "best of class" vision for the club we all love.

Let the NSC nimby's have their threads!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you may have to wait for the 2010/11 accounts/return to be published at Companies House in March and even then they may not show this level of detail. However, some of these underestimates may be directly attributable to supporters' actions/behaviour - eg:
Last season's travel vouchers; following constant whinging from some about the compulsory nature of the scheme whilst we were at Withdean the club switch to an "optional" scheme at the Amex. Scheme is largely ignored/avoided, I even remember some of the same posters from this, the Ticket Exchange Closure and Barber/Perry/Camillin/Attila/IBsF mtg threads gloating about not paying. Result: Serious revenue shortfall, compulsory scheme is re-introduced for 2012/13 and Amex ticket prices are increased.
On street parking; the club advises BHCC that this will not be a problem and requests fans not to park in the surrounding areas (eg Moulsecoomb and Coldean). A sliding scale financial penalty clause is included in the planning consent starting at 10% above normal parking. More fan whinging - "They can't stop me parking, it's not illegal", etc, etc and 650 extra parked cars are measured when the audit takes place. Result: Club gets "fined" so more unbudgeted expenditure, Controlled Parking Zone consultations initiated in both communities (paid for by the club) and likely to be introduced for 2013/14 season (all to be paid for by the club), and Amex ticket prices are increased.

I thought that the 2010/11 (the last season at Withdean) accounts were already out. Could be wrong, mind.

Did you mean 2011/12? I've been led to believe they make very sobering reading.

We're hoping to have Paul Barber on the Roar sometime in the new year to discuss them, the concept of Financial Fair Play, and a host of other things.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've said before
Barber is just a patsy
So if you all wanna let off steam and use his name as a scapegoat for everything That you disagree about the club feel free
It sounds f***ing tediously boring though

I go to watch Brighton & hove Albion play football
Anything else is just a sideshow

I bet you were a great help whilst the clubs assets were being sold off by Archer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sorry, not been on NSC regularly (mainly since morons were calling for Gus' head about 7 games ago - nothing personal..) but i assume this is all to do with the ticket exchange thing? You spoke to him Bozza did you - and were left feeling happy and that there wasn't any wool being pulled over your eyes? I would trust your opinion on this you see... So is the ticket Exchange still being shut down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports