Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For my father

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
My father died this morning.

He had a long and mostly happy life.

Why am I posting? Because, he was a lifelong Albion Supporter and he passed his enthusiam to me. Unlike me, he was good at football and played goalkeeper for Brighton boys under the then manager, the great Tommy Cook.

.... and ironically the first Albion game he took me to (which began my passion) was against Hull City at the Goldstone in 1965. Like today, Hull were close to the top of the table. But that day, Albion lost 3-1.

Rest in peace James Revell

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Well done mate. That win's for your dad. Think all the positive thing your Dad has done & all the good times. Be strong mate

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Sorry to hear that,sure he would have been delighted at that result.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Condolences, Be happy he had a good life and passed a lot of good to you.
He will be smiling at that win today.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
sounds like he had a happy life - celebrate it, he'll still be smiling tonight

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
My granddad died in 1977. He introduced me to the ALBION. He was a wonderful man. Every time I watch Brighton play I think of him. I'm sure the same will be for you, with your fathers memory. Football is a bond that will never be broken.

May your Dad rest in peace.

Get through tonight Fella.

From one Albion fan to another!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry for your loss pal, I know the feeling.
My father took me to my first game in 1964, Macauleys team that won div 4,midweek game against Millwall, i was 8 years old.
My mum died when we beat Walsall 7-0 in 1977 and i was at the match when she passed away, and my dad passed away in 1985,
at least he saw them in the cup final at Wembley.
Treasure the memories.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sorry to hear about your sad loss today plansta. I'd like to think that your Dad did a cheeky intervention today by bamboozling the 'Ull keeper, as today as Vicente's shot squirmed past him & nestled in the Onion Bag! Take it steady in the coming hours, days & weeks; & think of your Father with the love you had for him all the time he was in your life & (doubtlessly) the lives of many others.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sincere condolences to you and your family. I would like to think those 2 excellent saves by TK were a tribute to your Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here