For Ian Hart and the other Adams APOLOGISTS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have a lot of time for Ian Hart. More so than I do for the other pro-Adams brigade.

BUT

He is SO wrong about Adams it is becoming cringeworthy.

Come on Ian. Come over to the Dark Side. You know you want to...

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Harty you just won't accept you were wrong will you. Just swallow your pride and denounce Adams! Or are you being paid by Dick?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I have a lot of time for Ian Hart. More so than I do for the other pro-Adams brigade.

BUT

He is SO wrong about Adams it is becoming cringeworthy.

Come on Ian. Come over to the Dark Side. You know you want to...

I do too , in fact if I could cuddle one Albion fan it would be Harty but I just wish he would face facts about Adams and say what we are all seeing.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Due to what he did he lost 2 loyal people to the club - Dean Wilkins and Ian Chapman - all i can say is I don't for one mimute believe that Dean and Ian are laughing at what is happening - It must break their hearts to see the club they love and all their hard work and commitment being poured down the drain by what Dick has done.
I think you will find they are laughing, and who can f***ing blame them! But they are not laughing at the club, rather at the people within the club.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I do too , in fact if I could cuddle one Albion fan it would be Harty but I just wish he would face facts about Adams and say what we are all seeing.

I've been firmly in the 'Adams should have never come back' camp since Day One. For once though, there is no joy in being able to say 'I told you so' to other people.

I just literally cannot believe some Albion fans think current performances are somehow acceptable.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've been firmly in the 'Adams should have never come back' camp since Day One. For once though, there is no joy in being able to say 'I told you so' to other people.

I just literally cannot believe some Albion fans think current performances are somehow acceptable.

I don't think you can say current performances as there has been some right shit since the start of the season and now Crewe and co have started picking up points there is no room for error anymore with the bottom 4 looking very open now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Even in the early games when we were not necessarily losing I was worried. You only play the other shit teams twice and each and we did not pick up nearly enough points when we did.

I would have liked to think most sane Albion fans would have seen the light following the DEBACLE against Walsall at home.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Harty we were a team that in May finished 7th - no papering over the cracks as you put it - Dean did an excellent job with a lot less budget than Micky has had - How can you continue to defend Micky - the team we had never needed building it just needed adding too - we will never know where Dean would have got us this season - Dick never gave him the chance he was too busy stabbing him in the back - Any other manager would have been sacked by now but because its Micky we are lumbered - Dick Knight should do the decent thing and go - For all the good he has done in the past he undone it all back in May - Due to what he did he lost 2 loyal people to the club - Dean Wilkins and Ian Chapman - all i can say is I don't for one mimute believe that Dean and Ian are laughing at what is happening - It must break their hearts to see the club they love and all their hard work and commitment being poured down the drain by what Dick has done.

Some people say that it was a board decision to sack Dean but as the words from Dick himself were " I felt and the board agreed with me" Dick instigated this mess the best thing he could do is go and take Micky Dean White and Bob Booker with him.

You think wilkins had less of a budget

£300,000 on Glenn Murray
Thats not including Thomson which was undisclosed
Dixion £55,000

Plus he had his fair share of loan players

You cant say he had no budget

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not enough of a budget to keep Hammond...

The Murray cash was a one-off and certainly not something which would have been built into Wilkins' budget at the start of the season. It was pretty much in addition to the budget and I doubt very much Wilkins could have spent it elsewhere.

Thomson and Dixon also came after we have already flogged Elder, Revell and Hammond so not like it was there for him to ADD to the squad. If anything, losing 400k odd of talent and replacing it with about 100k worth is actually a REDUCTION.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Not enough of a budget to keep Hammond...

The Murray cash was a one-off and certainly not something which would have been built into Wilkins' budget at the start of the season. It was pretty much in addition to the budget and I doubt very much Wilkins could have spent it elsewhere.

Thomson and Dixon also came after we have already flogged Elder, Revell and Hammond so not like it was there for him to ADD to the squad. If anything, losing 400k odd of talent and replacing it with about 100k worth is actually a REDUCTION.

Dick tight as many on here make out still gave the money to wilkins to spend. It doesn't make any difference if it was a addition to the budget or not it was still made available to buy players so he had a budget.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Quite a few people seem to think it was a case of Murray being signed and given to Wilkins rather than Wilkins getting 300k to spend as he saw fit.

And the Thomson and Dixon signings were in the context or losing better players on higher wages. Thus a reduction in budget.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dick tight as many on here make out still gave the money to wilkins to spend. It doesn't make any difference if it was a addition to the budget or not it was still made available to buy players so he had a budget.

And with that money he recognised the team's weaknesses and bought/loaned accordingly, something MA has failed to do.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

£300,000 on Glenn Murray
Dixion £55,000

But Dean Wilkins never had any say on any of those players. They were all brought by the board.

As I have said before, the first thing Dean WIlkins knew about Glenn Murray signing, was when Dick Knight introduced him at training.

He(Dick) then sold Hammond against the managers wishes, and replaced Savage with Jonny one game Dixon.

And people wonder why Wilkins feel out with "Mr Chairman"

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
But Dean Wilkins never had any say on any of those players. They were all brought by the board.

As I have said before, the first thing Dean WIlkins knew about Glenn Murray signing, was when Dick Knight introduced him at training.

He(Dick) then sold Hammond against the managers wishes, and replaced Savage with Jonny one game Dixon.

And people wonder why Wilkins feel out with "Mr Chairman"
:thumbsup:

Glad some on here talk sense Mr Burns

What some people on here don't seem to understand is yes we bought Murray £300,000 and Dixon £55,000 = £355,000 (plus undisclosed for Thomson)
but he also sold Dean Hammond £250,000 Alex Revell £150,000 and Nathan Elder £35,000 = £435,000
That makes a profit of £80,000 for Mr Chairman

And fans on here STILL say he spent big last season :lol:

It has also been said that we are to strengthen in January - Well it January 20th tommorow - not a lot going on Is there???

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008

£300,000 on Glenn Murray
Dixion £55,000

Reading on what Hoops Seagull said i think they were saying Wilkins had a smaller budget than Micky

:thumbsup:

Glad some on here talk sense Mr Burns

What some people on here don't seem to understand is yes we bought Murray £300,000 and Dixon £55,000 = £355,000 (plus undisclosed for Thomson)
but he also sold Dean Hammond £250,000 Alex Revell £150,000 and Nathan Elder £35,000 = £435,000
That makes a profit of £80,000 for Mr Chairman

And fans on here STILL say he spent big last season :lol:

It has also been said that we are to strengthen in January - Well it January 20th tommorow - not a lot going on Is there???

You've again forgotten the £70K(ish) spent on Nicky Forster.
You're also insinuating that Dick Knight has made a personal gain of £80K; if you can substantiate this, then report it to the relevant authorities, starting with the Police and HMRC, otherwise withdraw the accusation and stop being so pathetic.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
And with that money he recognised the team's weaknesses and bought/loaned accordingly, something MA has failed to do.
failed to do successfully. It's certainly not been for want of trying. As many have pointed out the players he has acquired have been of sufficient quality. Mickey has been unlucky to some extent that he has not been able to turn out a consistent team due to player availability, an area where Dean was particularly fortunate.

And as for the people who think that player budget is spent only on transfer fees...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
failed to do successfully. It's certainly not been for want of trying. As many have pointed out the players he has acquired have been of sufficient quality.

So he has failed to bring in players that compensate for the squads weakness.

There is no need for 'successfully' to be added. I've not denied he's brought in people, but the people he brought in has not compensated our weaknesses, with most of them having little or no chance of improving our weaknesses. For example, defensive midfield is not so much a problem for us, so bringing in a defensive midfielder in Robbie Savage isn't going to address any problems.

Even if he brought in an attacking midfielder or quality left back, or wingers, they did not compensate for the wekanesses at the club.

So he failed to bring in players that compensate the squad's weakness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports