for all those missing out now.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
i would like to say i am truely gutted for any brighton fan who has missed out
on saturdays game because of the thick twats on here that decided to post their seat numbers on here.
utter f***ing stupidity,and i think the people involved owe the people who have been affected a f***ing big apology.
and they have also made us all look f***ing stupid.
twats.:facepalm:
dah.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
er, do you not think someone in the Villa office might have noticed hundreds of tickets for the home end being sent to Brighton and nieghbouring districts. no, they were reading NSC and thought they better do something about it

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
:shootselfIn fairness, Im sure Villa ticket office arent completely stupid.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
er, do you not think someone in the Villa office might have noticed hundreds of tickets for the home end being sent to Brighton and nieghbouring districts. no, they were reading NSC and thought they better do something about it

This ^

I do think it rather fanciful that people posting seat numbers in the home end on here is to blame.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think people posting seat numbers on here made absolutely minimal difference. The Villa ticket office wouldn't have failed to notice a shed load of ticket applications with a BN postcode.

Still, don't let that stop the usual negative binfest that is de rigeur at this time of year. :facepalm:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Someone posted about taking out membership to have 'an excellent' chance of getting tickets to any big games...

The figures I've seen are...

4500 gold members

500 blue members

2500 white members

10 000 junior members

Making 17 500 members in total...

There are no grounds, other than Wembley, where we would get more than 17 500 tickets!

So the 'join the membership scheme' is a con!

Simples

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Someone posted about taking out membership to have 'an excellent' chance of getting tickets to any big games...

The figures I've seen are...

4500 gold members

500 blue members

2500 white members

10 000 junior members

Making 17 500 members in total...

There are no grounds, other than Wembley, where we would get more than 17 500 tickets!

So the 'join the membership scheme' is a con!

Simples

After missing out on both West Ham and Spurs tickets in recent years, that was one of the major factors for me getting a ST again this year. Bloody glad I did now.

I think people posting seat numbers on here made absolutely minimal difference. The Villa ticket office wouldn't have failed to notice a shed load of ticket applications with a BN postcode.

Still, don't let that stop the usual negative binfest that is de rigeur at this time of year. :facepalm:

Agreed.

The game was pretty much up when the link to buy the tickets and how to do it was posted. I have to stress that even that is not to blame in my opinion.

Buying tickets in the home end is always a gamble, however, I suspect the sheer volume of purchases and memberships on the ticket site (probably making Villa the best supported club in the world now) raised suspicion (BN postcodes again). It would not take poirot to work that one out.

Posting seat numbers, et al jeopordizes your own chance, not that of others.

Or could it be other Brighton fans posting 'stuff' on the Villa forums about away fans in their home ends caused the problem?

All could be construed as the one singular problem, which, if you really look at it, volume is to blame and nothing else.

But I suppose it gives holier than thou people the right to stir the !**! amongst us.

Oh well.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Just being pedantic but how vast is the BN postcode ? We have a big catchment area dont we? Surely as long as SUSSEX was omitted from the address there would have been some chance of it sneaking through ?
Untill the OH LOOK AT ME crew posted on here and messed it all up

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Surely if you purchased a ticket for the home end the normal expected behavour would have been to keep it quiet rather than anounced it to the English speaking world. You do make it far too easy for the police - you wallys

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There willl still be a large contingent anyhow with all the Albion fans who live in the northern wastelands that are not white members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports