For all of the plastic Cowdenbeath fans on NSC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm constantly amazed by the astonishingly small attendances at Scottish football matches. Average attendance in 2005 was 471!!!

That ground is staggeringly crap - makes Withdean look like Wembley.

_47557212_central_park_466b_sns.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That proposal is an utter disgrace. Spartans are to be allowed to effectively BUY Codenbeath's league status and position.

What a load of absolute shit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm constantly amazed by the astonishingly small attendances at Scottish football matches. Average attendance in 2005 was 471!!!

The town only has a population of 11,000. Its a tiny place.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's the same size as Uckfield. When did Uckfield Town last get a crowd of 471? The stupid thing is the BBC giving the Scottish Leagues air time, not their attendances.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

With a population of 11,000 that's the equivalent of us averaging nearly 11,000 at Withdean. Good effort from their supporters I say.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not saying it's a bad effort on the part of the folk of Cowdenbeath - merely pointing out that Scottish football has always felt like quite serious stuff (TV coverage of results etc) but in fact is a very very small affair.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I went to see Cowdenbeath against Clydebank in a Scottish League Cup match one Tuesday evening about 15 years ago (well it gets you out of the holiday caravan!)

Standing on the terraces I was able, not to estimate, but to count the crowd.
In the paper next day they gave the attendance as 247, but I was sure there were over 250.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

_47557212_central_park_466b_sns.jpg

We should negotiate a deal for them to purchase The South Stand once we leave Withdean

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Glad I didn't go to Central Park tonight. Abandoned - snow - 18 mins

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think MARC should get his wallett out.

Marc is going to go spastic over this news.

yeah been following this for years, unfortunatley the off field antics of THE BEATH has been akin to following Brighton in the mid 1990s....i.e. f***ing GASH!

I expect an AFC Cowdenbeath to be formed sometime in the near future as I can see them simply dying wihtout a trace, and many of the HUNDREDS off 'beath supporters are seeing it the same way :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports