Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] For 100m I’d want egg fried rice, a few Tsing Tao and some beef and black bean

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Rice is an excellent player, the problem he had at West Ham was that he was by far and way their best player and there was a limit to how much he could carry that midfield on his own. Arsenal have paid the English tax but pair Rice up with Odegaard and that team has had a major upgrade.

Caceido is not twice the player Rice is, but in my opinion he is slightly better, I do think he is the best DM in the League.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm utterly bored with the whole Rice saga, its as dull as Kane.
There's always some relentless transfer rumour that seems to last for f**king decades:

Where is Hazard going?
Where is Rooney going?
Where is Kane going?
Where is Ronaldo going?

We're involved in one right now with Caicedo. It's all so very, very dull.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
There's always some relentless transfer rumour that seems to last for f**king decades:

Where is Hazard going?
Where is Rooney going?
Where is Kane going?
Where is Ronaldo going?

I quite enjoy the Kane ones simply because I can't stand him and year after year the idea of him winless and no-one willing to pay enough money to enable him to leave Spurs gives me some (admittedly cruel) amusement. His pre-season flounce at Spurs is also another reason why the longer he is there the funnier it is. I hope he does go to Bayern though, ideally to win nothing, but also just because it's almost funnier that because no English team capable of winning anything wanted him enough he had to go abroad instead to try and get a trophy before he retired. *

* I'm fully aware my anti-Kane bias doesn't mask the many flaws in this statement

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Where is Hazard going?
Where is Rooney going?
Where is Kane going?
Where is Ronaldo going?

Its almost as crushingly boring as the sale of Man Utd.

Almost.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Rice is an amazing player, even in the game we smashed them around the London Stadium he was one of the best players on the park. If Grealish is worth £100m then so is Declan Rice.

There was a brief moment where we were linked with him and I lost myself in a little daydream of Joelinton, Bruno and Rice bossing every midfield in the league. Unfortunately he was always going to an elite team.

What does this mean for Caicedo, I mean, I know they're different players, but will Arsenal keep pursuing your boy if they've just dumped £100m into West Ham's bank account?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Definitely a good player and I'm sure he'll do well at the Arse, but £105m - no way. Yes, its what they were prepared to pay but like others have said, I've never panicked as an Albion fan when Rice was playing for West Sham.

For me, figures such as this for just 1 player puts a hell of a lot of pressure on that player to succeed, and it only takes a loss of form or a bad injury to bring things crashing down. Glad that we operate at what I consider a more exciting level to see whose next in the pipeline of our club's development.

Looking forward to seeing more of Ensico this season and just have a good feeling about Adingra too. Reminds me very much of Scuba Zaha at Palace.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
English premium, I'd price him at half that. WH know how to get a good deal...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He's unbelievably good. Sure, it's lots but that's their key central midfielders , centre back, wide forwards and keeper sorted for the next 6,7,8 years.

Yes they've thrown money at it but what a turnaround in the squad from the clinger-ons like Ozil, Mustafi, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Kolasinac, Willian etc in not THAT long a time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I will join with those who think Rice is a very good player. I think this is a shrewd move by Arsenal.
not sure anyone sensible doubts he's a good player. is he £100m good? as i saw somewhere, he's not a game changer. Arsenal have been bounced into paying 20-30m over the odds for a player they really want and need, suspiciously driven by Man City interest.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
not sure anyone sensible doubts he's a good player. is he £100m good? as i saw somewhere, he's not a game changer. Arsenal have been bounced into paying 20-30m over the odds for a player they really want and need, suspiciously driven by Man City interest.
I think Rice is the kind of player to build a team around. Time and the management of him and the team will tell if that is correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here