Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footballers on Twitter - why even bother

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I'd rather our players didn't get involved in petty spats with fans on Twitter. Not least because you know this is gonna come back and bite us on the arse at some point.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The #blamestockdale thing was when he had a FLOUNCE as a result of some criticism he got for a home defeat against Boro a few years ago, when he parried a ball back into play that was duly tucked away by the opposition. He was busily retweeting all the post-match praise he was getting from fans, and in amongst all that he retweeted something along the lines of "goal certainly not your fault Dave, you could've expected more cover from your defence". I replied saying something like "mmm, not ideal, throwing your team-mates under the bus", to which he came back with "ok, I'll just take the blame for everything then", and went on about taking a break from Twitter.

:rolleyes:

He didn't though.
Stockdale is a nightmare for retweeting stuff about how great he is. After the defeats at home to Bournemouth and at Wigan in 2015 he got into a barney with Adam Virgo and the We Are Brighton account over criticism of him. Neither had tagged him in their tweets either, which suggested he was searching for tweets about himself to retweet.

See also LuaLua. If he isn't playing you can be guaranteed that weekend will be full of "LuaLua would have won us that game if he played" retweets. Great way to support your team mates, that

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I find the Turn off Retweets function very useful on Twitter for most footballers.

Worst was CMS who was forever retweeting some nonsense wishing a one-year-old 'who's a massive Brighton fan' a Happy Birthday

Sage advice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stockdale is a nightmare for retweeting stuff about how great he is. After the defeats at home to Bournemouth and at Wigan in 2015 he got into a barney with Adam Virgo and the We Are Brighton account over criticism of him. Neither had tagged him in their tweets either, which suggested he was searching for tweets about himself to retweet.

See also LuaLua. If he isn't playing you can be guaranteed that weekend will be full of "LuaLua would have won us that game if he played" retweets. Great way to support your team mates, that

Yeah, I remember that run-in now that you mention it. I expect Dave scans the #bhafc hashtag post-match to retweet all the praise, and to see if anybody has had a pop.

I gave up following Kazenga. Everything he tweets is in "gangstaspeak" gibberish with too many Z's and !!'s. After a while, trying to decipher his twaddle just gave me a migraine so I unfollowed. I doubt I'm missing much.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah, I remember that run-in now that you mention it. I expect Dave scans the #bhafc hashtag post-match to retweet all the praise, and to see if anybody has had a pop.

I gave up following Kazenga. Everything he tweets is in "gangstaspeak" gibberish with too many Z's and !!'s. After a while, trying to decipher his twaddle just gave me a migraine so I unfollowed. I doubt I'm missing much.

Are you sure that it was the real David Stockdale Twitter account? Apparently there's a fake one out there too and I'll be honest, it seems very out of character for the real David Stockdale to get involved in a petty Twitter spat. I think either [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] told me about the fake account.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you sure that it was the real David Stockdale Twitter account? Apparently there's a fake one out there too and I'll be honest, it seems very out of character for the real David Stockdale to get involved in a petty Twitter spat. I think either [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] told me about the fake account.

I know the one you mean, I unfollowed that once I knew it was a spoof. I can't remember if that was the account in the case [MENTION=448]Scotty Mac[/MENTION] is alluding to after the Muff/Wigan games, but it was certainly the "real" Stockdale account when he got all huffy and threatened to flounce after that Boro defeat when he wasn't getting his arse universally licked.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/12906942.display/

Was definitely the real one.

That fake Stockdale account is incidentally one of the more gimpish "parody" accounts of any professional football I've come across. And that is saying something given 99% of them are utter tripe

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/12906942.display/

Was definitely the real one.

That fake Stockdale account is incidentally one of the more gimpish "parody" accounts of any professional football I've come across. And that is saying something given 99% of them are utter tripe

That /\ /\ /\

The ' StockersDave ' account, pretending to be DS, without an OUNCE of wit or charm, is spectacularly gimpish (good choice of adjective) - going as far as to tweet DS' wife, and creating shit for DS by abusing other team's fans before games, amongst other pathetic shitness.

It stands alone as an example of how to do twitter parody badly.

The knob behind it is 100% a spotty virgin with no real life friends.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Anichebe scored today...

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 09.44.18.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here