Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football365 article on Potter

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Burnley picked up 12 points from 57 in the first half of last season. Would you have sacked Sean Dyche ?

He had extenuating circumstances... were we playing in Europe in the second half of the season? I hadn't noticed that!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Burnley picked up 12 points from 57 in the first half of last season. Would you have sacked Sean Dyche ?

You're taking a fair portion of the context out of it. Dyche got them into Europe the season before which clearly had a big impact on this season's start both physically and, I'd imagine, mentally considering they went out in the qualification stages after such a monumental effort getting there. All Hughton got us into was a mess.

We also don't know what the situation was like behind the scenes with regards to the players, how they were reacting to the manager etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’m thankful that we have a proactive hands on owner who thinks three, four or even five steps down the line and then sticks to his implementation plans even in the face of some significant challenge from supporters.

Yep - except there's not much of a challenge on NSC at least. Very few on here prepared to argue that he should have kept Hughton. (i will, if you're asking as long as you don't tell me i didn't "see the football" last season, i'm not aware of the stats. I did and i am. ) .
TB has of course transformed the club, is an impeccable owner and i'd defend him to the hilt over any other owner of any other club. He's a fan, and its his money but he's certainly had a few missteps. .He signed up Hughton in the first place after a) falling out with, and then sacking Poyet b) then started selling players, reducing the wage bill and couldn't get on with Oscar c) and then of course disastrously signed poor Sami.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All Hughton got us into was a mess.

We also don't know what the situation was like behind the scenes with regards to the players, how they were reacting to the manager etc.

I'm just making the point that other teams in the Prem have had long runs of poor form - most sack their managers as a result, but some don't. Its not inevitable . Case closed.
Its up to TB what he does and he can and did make a good case for why he sacked Chris in public. But there's plenty of reasons , and i'm sure he's been kept awake thinking about em in the last few months, for sticking with him. (well argued on here) Its disengenuous to think there was simply no other path he could have taken.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
How do you explain our shit run from Dec 9?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Really? It depends what you define as shite.

Home loss Chelsea with Chelsea hanging on at the end, Home Draw with Arsenal, Win against Everton and a 0-1 loss to Liverpool..:facepalm:

Capture.PNG

Three away losses at Bournemouth, Man Utd and Fulham with an away draw at West Ham, although we did throw the Fulham and West Ham games away.

Capture 1.PNG

In my opinion not too shite..:shrug:

The really atrocious form was from February onwards, when at times our players couldn't even find another team mate with a simple pass it was like watching Sunday league at times.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He had extenuating circumstances... were we playing in Europe in the second half of the season? I hadn't noticed that!

Of course that was an impressive achievement for a club with Burnley's wages/squad and Dyche. But plenty of managers have been sacked for less.
Just making the point that sometimes the board can take a different view when teams go on very poor runs of form. Doesn't mean TB didn't have a strong case for sacking CH but it wasn't the only option he had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Of course that was an impressive achievement for a club with Burnley's wages/squad and Dyche. But plenty of managers have been sacked for less.
Just making the point that sometimes the board can take a different view when teams go on very poor runs of form. Doesn't mean TB didn't have a strong case for sacking CH but it wasn't the only option he had.

Looking forward to you morphing into a Potter defender after a few tough games with the natives starting to get restless :smile:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I read it and thought it was an excellent article. The most refreshing thing was the lack of cliche that most writers seem to have fallen into regarding this management change. More pundits and journalists should take note.
Daniel Storey :thumbsup:

The best out there, to my mind.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
His comment,'could last 3 months, could last 3 years' sums it up for me. I think it's going to be an interesting season!
:albion2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep - except there's not much of a challenge on NSC at least. Very few on here prepared to argue that he should have kept Hughton. (i will, if you're asking as long as you don't tell me i didn't "see the football" last season, i'm not aware of the stats. I did and i am. ) .
TB has of course transformed the club, is an impeccable owner and i'd defend him to the hilt over any other owner of any other club. He's a fan, and its his money but he's certainly had a few missteps. .He signed up Hughton in the first place after a) falling out with, and then sacking Poyet b) then started selling players, reducing the wage bill and couldn't get on with Oscar c) and then of course disastrously signed poor Sami.

Are you alright CJ? Seems a little disloyal for you!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here