Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football trivia question

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) How many times have Germany won the World Cup?
2) Who was the first team to knock Real Madrid out of the European Cup?
3) Who declared himself unavailable for the 1966 World Cup because he wanted to get married and go on honeymoon?
4) Who was the last amateur to play football for England ( he was a schoolteacher and club cricketer in Sussex )
5) Which was the first FACup Final to have extra time?
6) Which test cricketer also played in the World Cup ( football ) for his country?
7) Who was the first substitute in league football?
8) Who was the first £100,000 transfer in England?
9) Who is the only man to have made over 100 appearances for 4 different clubs in the top division of English football?
10) Who is the only man to have been sent off twice playing football for England?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1) How many times have Germany won the World Cup? Twice as West Germany, once as Germany
2) Who was the first team to knock Real Madrid out of the European Cup? Barcelona
3) Who declared himself unavailable for the 1966 World Cup because he wanted to get married and go on honeymoon?
4) Who was the last amateur to play football for England ( he was a schoolteacher and club cricketer in Sussex )
6) Which test cricketer also played in the World Cup ( football ) for his country?
7) Who was the first substitute in league football? Keith Peacock
8) Who was the first £100,000 transfer in England? Alan Ball
9) Who is the only man to have made over 100 appearances for 4 different clubs in the top division of English football?
10) Who is the only man to have been sent off twice playing football for England? David Beckham

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
On the first day of the first ever Premier League season in 1992/93, how many players from outside the British Isles (i.e. all British countries AND Republic of Ireland) started for their clubs and who were they?

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Correct answers...

London (Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal)
Madrid (Real, Atletico)
Milan (Inter, AC)
Glasgow (Celtic, Rangers)
Belgrade (Partisan, Red Star)
Dundee (Dundee, Dundee United)
Bucharest (Steaua, Dinamo)
Prague (Dukla, Sparta)
Vienna (Rapid, Austria)
Budapest (Vasas, Ujpest)
I may be wrong but didn't Everton lose on away goals to Panathinaikos in the semi final of the European cup back in 1971/2 and of course Liverpool

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I may be wrong but didn't Everton lose on away goals to Panathinaikos in the semi final of the European cup back in 1971/2 and of course Liverpool

The season can't be right as Everton won the league in 1970. Panathinaikos reached the European Cup Final in 1970/71 so if it was true it was the season before. I've never heard of Everton reaching that stage in the European Cup though,

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) How many times have Germany won the World Cup?
2) Who was the first team to knock Real Madrid out of the European Cup?
7) Who was the first substitute in league football?
8) Who was the first £100,000 transfer in England?
10) Who is the only man to have been sent off twice playing football for England?

1) None ( Three times as West Germany )
2) Barcelona
3) Brian Labone
4) George Robb ( taught at Ardingly College )
5) 1965..Liverpool v Leeds ( all three goals in extra-time )
6) Viv Richards
7) Keith Peacock
8) Denis Law
9) Alan Ball
10) Wayne Rooney

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You are indeed wrong, but not far off. They lost to Panathinaikos on away goals in the quarter-finals in 1970/71.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On the first day of the first ever Premier League season in 1992/93, how many players from outside the British Isles (i.e. all British countries AND Republic of Ireland) started for their clubs and who were they?

I think this is everyone - So 8

Arsenal - John Jensen, Anders Limpar
Man Utd - Andrei Kanchelskis, Peter Schmeichel
Leeds - Eric Cantona
Wimbledon - Hans Segers
Ipswich - Craig Forrest
Sheff Wed - Roland Nilsson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here