Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Technology

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
There was a foul throw called in the Newcastle game wasn't there?

Mildly amusing as everyone seemed so in shock that a foul throw had been called that they didn't realise for a while that the follow up should have been called one as well

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was a foul throw called in the Newcastle game wasn't there?

Mildly amusing as everyone seemed so in shock that a foul throw had been called that they didn't realise for a while that the follow up should have been called one as well

There was indeed.

Dying minutes, deep in the Newcastle half, and a Sunderland player, can't remember who, hurled it straight down onto the ground. Newcastle were awarded the throw, went up the other end and equalised. As foul throws go, that one was about as costly as they can get (if Sunderland go down).

Bruno is always a foul throw waiting to happen. He has that habit of hurling it low into the ground, I'm sure he's had a couple of foul throws charged against him this season.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
There was indeed.

Dying minutes, deep in the Newcastle half, and a Sunderland player, can't remember who, hurled it straight down onto the ground. Newcastle were awarded the throw, went up the other end and equalised. As foul throws go, that one was about as costly as they can get (if Sunderland go down).

Bruno is always a foul throw waiting to happen. He has that habit of hurling it low into the ground, I'm sure he's had a couple of foul throws charged against him this season.

That's the one!

And when Newcastle too their throw the player had both feet on the pitch but it wasn't called!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I remember a game at the Withdean where the crowd counted out the ref's steps, and he stopped at 9 - I guess he thought we were deliberately counting wrong to make him go further, but we weren't.

This happened at Rotherham away last season. The Albion players were all complaining that the wall was never 10 yards away so the ref marched back to the ball and we all shouted "one, two, three...." as he redid the steps. He stopped at 8, cue loads more complaining and singing of "we can count to ten". And the free kick going straight into the wall of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here