[Football] Football Stadium Atmosphere Research Survey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Done

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bad Idea to qualify the stadium type with actual grounds.

My view on which type of ground is best for atmosphere did not equate to a ground with a good atmosphere, according to your example.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The questions were OK but some are uninterpretable. Yes, most of my away experiences have been standing, but that's not by choice. And there is a difference between noise and atmosphere. There is noise in part of Selhurst park. In comparison, there is no noise in large parts of the Amex but nevertheless a great atmosphere; none of the nasty BO you get in the Holmesdale end.
Totally agree - Palace and Huddersfield (when things are on the up and fans bother to turn up) generate noise, unrelated to the game. It's like an awful karaoke, "now that's what I call football chants #101". Continuous moronic noise, mostly featuring woah woah on repeat, completely unrelated to the game. That is not an atmosphere - it is just shit noise. Our friends up the road are always seeking an identity, the latest is to emulate European clubs that have tried to emulate what they though English football support was. So it's a copy of a copy and very much poorer for it.

I remember Hillsborough at the play off semi, which was an amazing atmosphere. Fully connected to the game, it was the same in the return fixture at the Amex. Genuine atmospheres reflect the occasion, otherwise it is just pointless noise.

Then you have the likes of Chelsea, who are just entitled. The wealthier fans turning up from 2003 and expecting to be entertained, extremely rare to get any sort of atmosphere there. That is where I fear we are being taken, already on that road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here