Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football rivalries

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
One that no one has mentioned is Port Vale and Stoke , I remember us playing at Vale Park many years ago, after the game a large mob lads walked menacingly towards us outside the ground asking us to join them in battle with the Vale lads, they were Stoke Lads! We declined btw.....

Jan 30, 2008
One that no one has mentioned is Port Vale and Stoke , I remember us playing at Vale Park many years ago, after the game a large mob lads walked menacingly towards us outside the ground asking us to join them in battle with the Vale lads, they were Stoke Lads! We declined btw.....
look at the post before yours:facepalm:
regards
DR

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not an obvious one, but there is always a well hidden undercurrent at Watford/Charlton encounters.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chester v Wrexham can be very unpleasant. Couldn't be more difference between the two places.

Bradford v Leeds. No love lost there.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
You keep mentioning the Bristol derby but I don't think that's even as big as Brighton v Palace.

Probably Newcastle & Sunderland to answer your question.

Us v Rovers is something else, the hatred is probably bigger than most derbies in the country

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Us v Rovers from my limited experience is spicy to say the least, 2012 was the best atmosphere and probably the most scared I've been at a football match haha

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Us v Rovers is something else, the hatred is probably bigger than most derbies in the country

Fair enough! Didn't know you were still lurking here :)

I have to admit, I assumed (as others have said in this thread) that derbies with two teams from the same town have to be a bit tamer as they have to inhabit the same space a lot of the time and will often have family ties to both teams.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Fair enough! Didn't know you were still lurking here :)

I have to admit, I assumed (as others have said in this thread) that derbies with two teams from the same town have to be a bit tamer as they have to inhabit the same space a lot of the time and will often have family ties to both teams.

I think us v rovers is a bit different, its north v south Bristol, very few city fans live in north Bristol and very few rovers fans live south of the river.

Don't quite know why I'm still here either tbf but our forum is just doom and gloom over Saturday so I'm a bit bored haha

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
A few that have not been mentioned which can get a bit lively:

Exeter v Plymouth

Watford v Luton

The QPR/Fulham/Brentford triangle (not counting Chelsea because they don't give a sh*t about any of them)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here