football programmes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

antmer

Sep 8, 2006
brighton
I have 3 complete set of home programmes (seasons 82/83, 83/84 & 84/85) they are all in binders with the old round badge and B&H.A embossed on the side, and a lot of the programmes are autographed by players of the time. I want to get them valued has any one got any ideas where or who i can go to about this.:albion2::albion2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sorry to be bringer of bad news. Unfortunately, I don't think the value of these items is going to be that much. Each of those seasons' complete programme bundles have gone for £3 each at recent BHACHS Collectors' Fairs. The binders might add another fiver on top of each.

Still, I guess not everyone knows the programmes can be had so inexpensively, so potentially you could find people who might buy for £20 each.

I'm not sure how much value an autograph would add.

Still, if you had any other merchandise from that period, I might be interested!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
thanks for the offer but i will see if i can hold out a bit longer:yahoo:

Damn your wiseness. :bowdown: Haha. I can tell you they'd be worth alot, I presume they're in a good condition? I don't know much about getting things valued though to be honest, if I were you I'd try and get in touch with the Albion collectors group, the occaisonally hold meetings in the Cricketers pub by the Cricket Ground in Hove, I'd give them a try if I were you.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The programmes themselves would not be worth very much I'm afraid. These seasons are all readily available and there are no 'unusual' issues in those seasons. Most serious collectors will have those I am sure, especially as they cover a season when we were in the top flight. Complete seasons from the 70s or 80s go for no more than £3 or £4.

You may want to get them on ebay and see what happens - the fact that some of them are autographed may push the value up.

Regarding the autographs, there is a member of the Collectors & Historians Society who is trying to collect an autograph from all our post-war players who might be interested.

Send a PM to The History Man and he can put you in touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports