Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've got all my programmes from the 70's & 80's and was very disappointed in the club museum to see I could take loads of old programmes free of charge. A programme is a memory of a game and I enjoy flicking through mine once a year or so.
Don't buy them now though as I've grown up!
Watch to see who does buy them and I bet it is those coming to the Amex only a few times a year and keep them as a memento.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The main use for a programme is for something to read whilst waiting or travelling on a bus or train. Also, giving your kid the programme makes them feel more involved with the club. I think the Albion programme is very good, although because I usually drive I don't buy that often. I voted to keep.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I've got all my programmes from the 70's & 80's and was very disappointed in the club museum to see I could take loads of old programmes free of charge. A programme is a memory of a game and I enjoy flicking through mine once a year or so.
Don't buy them now though as I've grown up!
Watch to see who does buy them and I bet it is those coming to the Amex only a few times a year and keep them as a memento.

I do watch and see and can confirm the majority are those that buy them every week rather than at random or those coming to a one off game.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The main use for a programme is for something to read whilst waiting or travelling on a bus or train. Also, giving your kid the programme makes them feel more involved with the club. I think the Albion programme is very good, although because I usually drive I don't buy that often. I voted to keep.

I read stuff on my phone in such situations.

I had programmes from all the games I'd been to plus a few extras from 1970 to somewhere around 2008, but decided to bin them when de-cluttering my life.

I've kept a few memorable ones, but gave the rest to the History Man to do what he wanted with.

I haven't bought one since before 2010 (can't remember exactly when) and don't even consider it now.

I think they need to return to being a simple information sheet if they are to survive.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I was talking to someone who works for a League One club last week, and he was telling me that the income from programmes each match is greater than the income from food on a matchday. There's clearly still a market for the matchday programme, although I agree that they need a revamp.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
For me, a programme is a memento of the day, and in years to come, a reminder of the matches I've been to. I usually read them during my pre-work coffee on the Monday. So a definite NO from me!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Nowadays programmes are far too big and thick, making it difficult to hold/keep during the game and then store afterwards.
Having got a programme from every game that I have seen since 1961 (except 6 that were sold out) I cannot stop buying them now, but the joists of the loft floor tell me otherwise.
I just need a souvenir of the game, something not much more than the printed teamsheet that is issued to the press, directors, expensive seats, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here