Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football people who are just impossible to dislike

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Alan Shearer
Leo Ulloa
Eric Cantona (for that kick, if nothing else)
Oscar Garcia

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I had to look at that [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION], I just knew it'd be referring to my post. Yeah let's look at it in real time shall we... it's just too shocking... Hartson admitted his 'error of judgement' in his bio, I'd say various forms of cancer spreading through his body was punishment enough. Obviously you're an insensitive ********, but dredging that one up, especially given the work Hartson now does via the JH foundation is just pathetic. I realise you are utterly obsessed with me, but yet another of these pathetic personal attacks on my posts, well it's getting rather scary tbh. Back off, not a threat, but you are starting to worry me.

Kosh

Drop me out mate , hillian 1 is totally correct, harts on is a horrible c@nt.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I like Steve Bruce. He always comes across as being decent & honest.

Is that the same Steve Bruce who tripped ip over his own teeth when defending Ched Evans? Hmmmmm, not sure you can say he's one of footballs most likeable? Not necessarily unlikeable. But he's no place on this thread really.

My nomination: Jurgem Klinsmann, I mean he's German too and we still hated Germans when we all fell in love with him. That was quite a feat to pull off back in the mid 90s.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for that made me chuckle, Im going to research this and bring it up in discussion after a few jars on Sunday. I like Roger even more now!

Found it. I was right. Chapter 13 of Simon Kuper's book 'Football against the Enemy'. Hilarious Story and even more disturbing than I remember.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Theo Walcott

Walcott actually comes across as impeccably nice and gentlemanly with a certain scared little boy charm about him. I can just picture him thanking his girlfriend's parents for the tea and cake they just made him and clearing away his own plate.

I recall seeing him in one of those Lip Reading Corner sections they have in lads mags. He'd been clattered to the ground during an England match and was being offered a hand up by the opposing player. He was quoted as saying "OUCH!....No I'm ok dude, I'm ok" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here