Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on Easter Monday

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
One of the things I really miss about being in the Football League is playing on Easter Monday.

Always a good day out, with some great games down the years. The Premier League are missing a trick!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It always felt like the moment of the season. I remember a very important Steele (Lee) goal during one of our early 2000s promotions. Last minute winner, possibly Bristol City.
Remember that one well. Damn near had a heart attack when it went in! We'd been pegging Reading back all season. Finally overtook them due to that late late Lee Steele headed winner on Easter Monday. Never looked back from that point on and went up as well-deserved Championes :clap:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Shane Duffy having a shocker at Leicester, KDH the best player on the pitch comfortably

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Shane Duffy having a shocker at Leicester, KDH the best player on the pitch comfortably
Not been the same player since that spell at Celtic. Such a shame, we could use that bit of steel at the back that he added at his best.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3 minute walk to Burgess Hill Town FC, chat with pals and have a pint whilst watching the game and home before 5……glad we haven’t got a game today so I can do this :smile:
Lewes v Whitehawk for us. My first trip to the Pan Siro, believe it or not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Enjoyed my NL day out on Saturday. 4 nil win, few beers, pay on gate, home in half an hour, even had riot police deployed as the yoof from both sides started lobbing stuff at each other and smoke bombs! Marvellous scenes for less than a 4,000 gate! So much to like about NL,

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
When we used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday in the mid 70's we had a really good record. A key part of our promotion chasing campaigns.
1979 I remember really well with homes against Charlton and Bristol Rovers on Good Friday/Easter Monday and Cardiff away on the Saturday. 33k at each of the home games I recall.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When we used to play Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday in the mid 70's we had a really good record. A key part of our promotion chasing campaigns.
We did so in 74 & 76 and only won one of those six matches. Also in 79 where we faired somewhat better (apart from the wobble at Cardiff).

Three games at Easter wasn't an every year experience though.

Jimmy Grimble

How has this thread got this far without a mention of our greatest Easter Monday moment?!

Reactions: A1X

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here