Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Nicknames that piss me off!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That is just 'cringeworthy' though, because no one says AYmex. :lolol:

except, except, that dick of a commentator who did the opening game. He called it the Amex at the beginning, only to start saying Ay- MAX!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really? So they say AYmerica ? Blimey.

A good friend of mine does, all the time, I've advised him it's incorrect but it's just the way he says it, and he's been to the Amex on more than one occasion to watch the Albion. Another is my brother, he lives overseas, but whenever he's visiting, and we've been to the Amex he keeps on calling it Aymex. IIRC they both say America, not Aymerica. I guess some people just say things differently.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A good friend of mine does, all the time, I've advised him it's incorrect but it's just the way he says it, and he's been to the Amex on more than one occasion to watch the Albion. Another is my brother, he lives overseas, but whenever he's visiting, and we've been to the Amex he keeps on calling it Aymex. IIRC they both say America, not Aymerica. I guess some people just say things differently.
Fair enough I suppose, language does constantly evolve. Still seems a little unconventional to me though.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Wazza, Muzza, JT, Stocko/Stockers etc... they all do my nut in because they sound like baby language.

Also PIG, FDM and other abbreviations used for our players. I expect Uwe will be BBBKID or something similar soon (Big Beautiful Blonde Kraut In Defence)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Fair enough I suppose, language does constantly evolve. Still seems a little unconventional to me though.

To be fair it's not language really. English just isn't all that phonetic so you get your 'a' and your 'ay'. It's largely guess work when you come across a word you've never seen before and AMEX isn't really a real word so understandable some would guess at Aymex. Why they would keep calling it the Aymex after they've been told though I don't know.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wazza, Muzza, JT, Stocko/Stockers etc... they all do my nut in because they sound like baby language.

Also PIG, FDM and other abbreviations used for our players. I expect Uwe will be BBBKID or something similar soon (Big Beautiful Blonde Kraut In Defence)

He's the BFG - Big Fkun German......

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
With Indian owners, Blackburn's ground is Bollewood, & after their money problems, Bury are " the Bucket Shakers". The nights just fly by.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Anybody over the age of 14 who uses these names seriously needs to have their hard-drive checked for indecent images as they're obviously wrong in the head. The pinnacle of their shitness is close between Millsmall & Manure. Jesus Wept.

Censoring your rivals names is almost as bad. Oh, we're rivals with "P*lace" are we? How clever of you. :tosser:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I agree with the OP. I hate all of these and they always make me die a little bit inside whenever I hear or read one.

The only one I ever liked was Billy Connelly saying that for the first ten years of his life he thought there was a club called "Partick Thistle Nil"

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Wow, we're really missing a midweek game!
Who really cares if we use a derogatory name for a rivals team or ground, who can honestly say that they really, really care if such names are aimed at us? If no one is harmed with these name callings just get on with your life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here