Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Isn't there Football Manager specifically for iOS?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Haha! Indeed. Try Football Manager Handheld 2013

If u'v played it on the pc/mac do not expect it to be any where near as good.
They've kind of ported ChampMan4 over to a small screen, updated the player names and dumbed down a lot of bits.
In my oppinion it's not worth the money, £6.99?
I would have preferred a champman93 type game but with up to date players and a better transfer market.

Make sure you get New Star Soccer, it's awesome!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They've kind of ported ChampMan4 over to a small screen, updated the player names and dumbed down a lot of bits.
I would have preferred a champman93 type game but with up to date players and a better transfer market.

I balked at the price originally too but it ended up being worth about 7p per hour I played! I agree on New Star Soccer though. Wasn't there a thread on it being basically digital crack?!

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I balked at the price originally too but it ended up being worth about 7p per hour I played!

From being an addict of all pc versions since the first championship manager i was immensely underwhelmed by fm handheld. They tried to make it feel like FM with only half the game play.
Also it's really hard to play it with one hand due to the need to pay with the phone sideways!

I'd prefer it if they went retro, fine back to the old CM interface, used the momentum from new star soccer's similar interface, and made something fun, easy, playable and convenient.

However, if you're not hooked on the PC/mac version it's probably a lot of fun.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet

I saw your post pretty much as soon as u made it, I've been on new star soccer ever since. GF isn't happy

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
From being an addict of all pc versions since the first championship manager i was immensely underwhelmed by fm handheld. They tried to make it feel like FM with only half the game play.
Also it's really hard to play it with one hand due to the need to pay with the phone sideways!

I'd prefer it if they went retro, fine back to the old CM interface, used the momentum from new star soccer's similar interface, and made something fun, easy, playable and convenient.

However, if you're not hooked on the PC/mac version it's probably a lot of fun.

I know what you mean. For me, CM2 still tops all of them for me. To be honest, I'd happily play that now with all of the players it had back then! I could look like a genius signing Zidane from Bordeaux.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here