Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Football Manager 2024

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What's the verdict on the beta so far? I didn't play much FM23 so not sure if I can justify buying 24 with the big engine overhaul coming next year.

I've seen from people's YT vids that we get a fat transfer budget + Verbruggen, Baleba, Enciso, Buonanotte and Fergie as 'wonderkids', so should be fun managing Albion.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
For those interested, the mobile version will apparently be free to Netflix subscribers.

Though I can't seem to get Netflix mobile games to load even on my Samsung S22 so the above comes with a healthy caveat.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just started an Albion save - £80 million transfer budget and 150k spare in wages.

Squad is, as we all know, pretty good overall and I think it'll need some careful rotation to keep everybody happy.

Transfers-wise, I've bought in three players to add depth and options:

- Valentin Barco (Boca Juniors, £8m release clause) - he CAN play left-back
- Nehuen Perez (Udinese, £10m) - centre-back
- Adam Hlozek (Leverkusen, £11m) - striker

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Had a couple of drinks on Fri and obviously got the beta.

Bloody hell, I'm struggling atm. Signed Oihan Sancet from Bilbao, Ferdi Kadioglu from Galatasaray, Victor Nelsson from Roma and Sergio Gomez on loan from City for the first team plus Anderson Duarte, Charlie Hughes from Wigan and Vicente Pizarro to be youngsters on the fringes.

I was watching Lollujo's latest vid, he is really struggling with Albion, in a relegation battle and on the brink of the sack. Seems his players started revolting when he had too many to register for Europa, so I decided to check- turns out I had four too many so needed to trim the squad before registration. Got rid of Webster to Spurs for £25m, loaned out Baleba, Buonanotte and Adingra, but it hasn't even slightly helped. My 4-2DM-3-1 tiki taka was fine in pre season but is absolutely stinking the place out in competitive games, first couple of league games and we haven't scored and only registered one shot on target. Bloody irritating. Not sure whether to stick with it or just overhaul everything, buy yeah, not a great start at all.

Haven't really noticed any bugs, but was quite annoyed that we were in our away kit when playing at home to Spurs...

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I haven’t played much for a number of years, but may take the plunge next year as they’re promising a massive overhaul of the whole thing with FM2025.

It may be coincidence, but I seem to remember periods of playing FM with periods of having absolutely no social life at all.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Had a couple of drinks on Fri and obviously got the beta.

Bloody hell, I'm struggling atm. Signed Oihan Sancet from Bilbao, Ferdi Kadioglu from Galatasaray, Victor Nelsson from Roma and Sergio Gomez on loan from City for the first team plus Anderson Duarte, Charlie Hughes from Wigan and Vicente Pizarro to be youngsters on the fringes.

I was watching Lollujo's latest vid, he is really struggling with Albion, in a relegation battle and on the brink of the sack. Seems his players started revolting when he had too many to register for Europa, so I decided to check- turns out I had four too many so needed to trim the squad before registration. Got rid of Webster to Spurs for £25m, loaned out Baleba, Buonanotte and Adingra, but it hasn't even slightly helped. My 4-2DM-3-1 tiki taka was fine in pre season but is absolutely stinking the place out in competitive games, first couple of league games and we haven't scored and only registered one shot on target. Bloody irritating. Not sure whether to stick with it or just overhaul everything, buy yeah, not a great start at all.

Haven't really noticed any bugs, but was quite annoyed that we were in our away kit when playing at home to Spurs...
Similar issues with my tactical system. I've tried to create a version of RDZ's style and it has absolutely bombed in competitive matches. Barely any shots at all.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Had an interesting first season with the Beta... As soon as it clicked, it really clicked and we actually ended up challenging for the title (kind of). I did have to reluctantly switch to a gegenpress but it really worked, even though the squad wasn't the strongest and we had loads of injuries. We bolstered the squad in January with Ivan Toney, Martin Baturina, Hiroki Ito and Oscar Mingueza and ended up all the way in 4th, though we were still technically able to win the league with four games left. Also managed to reach the EL semis but lost 3-2 at Stade Velodrome unfortunately. I'm making a conscious decision to stay away from the wonderkids lists or from signing the players all the YouTube creators are, hence some odd transfer dealings!

Getting the squad ready for CL football has been a challenge. Ito handed in a transfer request because I 'wasn't playing him in his preferred position' and we managed to break even on £22m, I had to accept a silly £60m offer from Saudi for Mingueza, who joined for £15m in Jan, then got beaten to my two top targets In Amar Dedic and Karim Konate from RB Salzburg to Newcastle and United respectively. I tried my best to unsettle Ansu Fati, got a £60m + add-ons offer accepted and despite him having us as a 'favoured club' he wasn't interested in joining. Annoying. We have done some great business allowing us to spaff loads of cash though: Sarmiento to Spurs for £30m, Nelsson to Galatasaray for £20m, Igor to Santos for £10m, Moder to Wolves for £20m (sorry Jakub), Lamptey to Eintracht for £30m, Undav to Stuttgart for £8m and a few other small ones. Also had a fall out with Joel after he got sent after 5 mins in the EL quarters so he left to Celta for £20m.

We have managed to bring in a few though as a result of our cash influx. Kephren Thuram from Rennes for £60m, Wilfried Singo from Monaco for £42m, Takefusa Kubo from Sociedad for £40m + add-ons, Luca Netz from Gladbach for £16m, Mika Marmol from Las Palmas for £12.5m (looks an amazing signing) Roony Bardghji from Copenhagen for £9m and Archie Gray from Leeds for £8m + add ons. Van Hecke, Verbruggen, Buonanotte and Gilmour have developed really well and Dunk, Gross, Solly and Perv are still doing the business. Squad is looking something like:

Verbruggen/Beadle

Singo/Kadioglu
Dunk/Van Hecke
Marmol/Vitik
Perv/Netz

Gilmour/Baturina/Gray
Gross/Gourna-Douath
Thuram/Sancet/Lallana

Kubo/Buonanotte/Bardghji
Toney/Fergie/Joao Pedro
Mitoma/March/Enciso

With Baleba, Koslowski, Adingra and a few others out on loan again. They really did Adingra dirty with his rating, I ended up having to loan him to Ipswich last season...

Oh, and Palace got relegated. Guehi has handed in a transfer request and is listed for £40m, his agent reckons he is 'very interested' in joining us... Will give that one some more thought!

Haven't actually updated to the full version yet but will before I get the season going, anyone noticed much difference? Things working that weren't previously, or vice versa?!

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Has anybody played the mobile version? It's only a tenner so I am tempted but I worry it's gonna be a shell of the actual game and not worth my time.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If you are good at FM, you might want to check out this:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here