Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Football Manager 2022/2023

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I like Roony Bardghji as well and rotate with March.
Bardhji is on my list for summer 2023, wasn't interested in either of the first season transfer windows as it wasn't the right career move. I picked up Alex Scott from Bristol City for around 12m and he's absolutely unreal. Can play RW/AM/CM comfortably, already progressed into a £65m player.
Rizzo is decent as a youngster too.

Seimen wont join until he's 18 but gets incredibly good.

I got a potentially world class newgen in my first intake so am keeping Sanchez until he's ready.

Only problem is he's low determination at 16 years old so I've brought in Buffon and Pasveer to mentor him.

Seimen is top priority, but on my last save he wanted the number 1 shirt from the off.

I've found the same issue with Ferguson, in my new save he has 5 determination so I have Welbeck mentoring him. Another trick, if their performance is under a certain rating (i think it's 6.5?) you can fine them 1/2 week wages for poor performances, they nearly always accept the fine and say that they will work harder in the future. Immediately check determination and work rate and they usually both increase by 1 point. Sometimes they just accept the fine with no comment and no changes to their stats.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Parted ways with Lamptey for 30m, he's just far too injury prone and wanted a new contract at 110k p/w. Picked up Jurrien Timbers from Ajax who can comfortably play CB/DM too, and could slot in at LB if needed.

Estupinan wants a new deal, and is 26 now at full potential. Dunk unfortunately wants a new deal as an important player and I just cant justify it after I made Colwill move permanent to start alongside Josip Sutalo.

I managed to re-sign Veltman for another year, with a year extension if he plays 10 games as and agreed on squad player minutes as he's still useful.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It’s now season 24/25. (Albion current league champions - goal difference on last game of the season) and the game has gone a bit weird, Evan Ferguson (wonderkid supremo with cherry on top), made 11 appearances for Ireland scoring 12 goals. He then changed allegiance to England (so assume all 11 games were friendlies) played 4 games foe England and then has gone back to Ireland scoring 3 goals in first 2 games!!!! Never seen this before

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Started an Albion career on the mobile version recently, 1st season finished 8th, second 5th (qualifying for the champions league?), and just started 3rd season and been given a transfer budget of £120 mill! with no major sales. Bit annoyed about it to be honest as it's completely unrealistic and makes it less of a challenge

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Am I weird? I don't like playing Albion in any game. I much prefer to see the current manager go about his business with the current team. Instead i'll play some comparative minnow and bring them up, Currently working Bromley through League 2 in 23/24.

On that subject, RDZ was sacked and we appointed Scaloni, think he's got us up to 8th at last viewing. In other news, Palace are in the relegation zone.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Am I weird? I don't like playing Albion in any game. I much prefer to see the current manager go about his business with the current team. Instead i'll play some comparative minnow and bring them up, Currently working Bromley through League 2 in 23/24.

On that subject, RDZ was sacked and we appointed Scaloni, think he's got us up to 8th at last viewing. In other news, Palace are in the relegation zone.
Nah I always have 2 beta saves, Albion and Willem II then go from there.

This year I've had a few Albion saves, 2 Willem II saves, a Chichester City save and a Sassuolo save.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

I don't usually, but this season was just too tempting. A hefty starting budget and a team full of wonderkids. Caicedo always wants to go but you can get big money for him and he's quite replaceable.

Funnily enough RDZ on my game took over West Ham. Within 10 seasons he won the Premier League twice and reached 3 champions league finals, winning 1.

Issue I have with FM is the AIs squad building ability. Once you start to dominate, staying on top is easy. I've seen City buy 4 Lbs just because they were highly rated, only to sell 2 of them the next year.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I also find the AI to be a bit inept. I've managed to buy Saka and Saliba on the cheap (£20-30 mil each) from Arsenal because they had been inexplicably left out of the team and I got Enzo Fernandez for £9 mil, 3 years after Chelsea spent £100 in him and had barely played him. I didn't want or need him, but it was too good a deal to pass up on. Not to mention getting Ben White and Colwill for low fees as well

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Issue I have with FM is the AIs squad building ability. Once you start to dominate, staying on top is easy. I've seen City buy 4 Lbs just because they were highly rated, only to sell 2 of them the next year.
Yeah this has been an issue for years and years now.

I always play a journeyman save starting as low as I can and working my way up. By the time I land a top PL job the squads of the Big 6 all have an average age of about 29. As if they're allergic to youth prospects.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
AC8C0C83-16BB-473E-8E2E-EA08B1267E37.jpeg

In my third season and pulled this off in the Conference League group stage :laugh: currently very annoyed at Daniel Cabellos for saying he wants to leave, turning down five separate clubs who had offered him a 6 month loan + a 25-35m mandatory future fee and then moaning he wasn’t in the European squad after the January window. Little prick.

I’ve been swapping between a Brighton & Wortning save but I don’t think I have the patience for the Worthing one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here