Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2016 - The Official Thread

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've started with the create a club, interesting so far. Brighton I'll look into taking over after the jan update, that's when I do the majority of my FMing but I just won this in a competition so having a go.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm playing Football Manager 2014, but I need to talk about this season I've just had, so it's getting dumped in here.

Started with Brighton and after a few seasons had established as a club who pushed for the top 4 in the Premier League. My first 7 Premier League seasons saw us finishing: 12th - 12th - 10th - 5th - 6th - 7th - 3rd. Our 8th season (20/21) saw us battling for the title but falling a point short and finishing 2nd behind Everton. 21/22 saw us win the Premier League on Goal Difference. I didn't strengthen my team too much so expected another close thought title battle. Nope.

I don't know what's happened. In the Premier League I currently sit top. P:36 W:34 D:1 L:1

The league was mathematically sewn up with 7/8 games to go. I beat the record for points in a season with 4 games to go and broke the 100 point barrier with 3 games remaining. I'm currently 29 points ahead of Arsenal in 2nd. The only two games I haven't won were away to 11th placed Wigan (4-2 L) and 8th placed Hull (1-1 D). However if you include cup games they we also lost to Chelsea (Community Shield 1-0), Palace :cry: (Carling Cup 1/4's 3-1), Basel (Champions Cup Group 3-2) & Real Madrid x 2 (Champions Cup First Knockout (2-1/2-0)

I've set the record for most goals in an F.A Cup campaign, entirely down to the fact I drew Wakefield in the 3rd round, who are somewhere below Conference North, who I beat 11-0. I have Everton in the final which should be an exciting game.

The main reasons for us doing so well:

Pachola: £16m, 108 goals in 154 league games. Say no more. Target Man who is technically good enough to play as a winger? F*cking love him

zLo2Lnr.jpg

Phil Kellett: £3m when he was 17. Captain. 199 League games for us. 38 goals, 35 assists.2400/2900 successful passes this season.

ok105ob.jpg

Sergio: Cost me £50,000,000 when he was 22 but his leadership at the back was worth every penny. We ship goals for fun when he isn't injured.

Awfmzjs.jpg

Luis Espinosa: Saved the best for last. Never had such a consistently good Regen. 12 goals and 17 assists in the league this season which is a slight dip for his 13 goals, 20 assists the season before. Came second in last years Ballon D'or. He cost me £6m and has played over 180 League games for us, picking up over 90 assists and nearly 50 goals in the process. His BHAFC highlight was probably a hattrick of screamers against Palace including a 30 yard Free-kick.

EpHUnC2.jpg

GKV7P2A.jpg

Genuinely no cheating/editing either. Only games I had to replay were two in the middle of the season when my computer crashed. Only editing I do is to change the kits every couple of seasons to make it feel more authentic. Believe me, if I was cheating we would not have lost to f*cking Palace.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I just can't do it anymore. Sometimes I go back to older saves on old games but I've definitely found some of magic has disappeared for me personally.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm playing Football Manager 2014, but I need to talk about this season I've just had, so it's getting dumped in here.

Started with Brighton and after a few seasons had established as a club who pushed for the top 4 in the Premier League. My first 7 Premier League seasons saw us finishing: 12th - 12th - 10th - 5th - 6th - 7th - 3rd. Our 8th season (20/21) saw us battling for the title but falling a point short and finishing 2nd behind Everton. 21/22 saw us win the Premier League on Goal Difference. I didn't strengthen my team too much so expected another close thought title battle. Nope.

I don't know what's happened. In the Premier League I currently sit top. P:36 W:34 D:1 L:1

The league was mathematically sewn up with 7/8 games to go. I beat the record for points in a season with 4 games to go and broke the 100 point barrier with 3 games remaining. I'm currently 29 points ahead of Arsenal in 2nd. The only two games I haven't won were away to 11th placed Wigan (4-2 L) and 8th placed Hull (1-1 D). However if you include cup games they we also lost to Chelsea (Community Shield 1-0), Palace :cry: (Carling Cup 1/4's 3-1), Basel (Champions Cup Group 3-2) & Real Madrid x 2 (Champions Cup First Knockout (2-1/2-0)

I've set the record for most goals in an F.A Cup campaign, entirely down to the fact I drew Wakefield in the 3rd round, who are somewhere below Conference North, who I beat 11-0. I have Everton in the final which should be an exciting game.

The main reasons for us doing so well:

Pachola: £16m, 108 goals in 154 league games. Say no more. Target Man who is technically good enough to play as a winger? F*cking love him

Phil Kellett: £3m when he was 17. Captain. 199 League games for us. 38 goals, 35 assists.2400/2900 successful passes this season.

Sergio: Cost me £50,000,000 when he was 22 but his leadership at the back was worth every penny. We ship goals for fun when he isn't injured.

Luis Espinosa: Saved the best for last. Never had such a consistently good Regen. 12 goals and 17 assists in the league this season which is a slight dip for his 13 goals, 20 assists the season before. Came second in last years Ballon D'or. He cost me £6m and has played over 180 League games for us, picking up over 90 assists and nearly 50 goals in the process. His BHAFC highlight was probably a hattrick of screamers against Palace including a 30 yard Free-kick.

Genuinely no cheating/editing either. Only games I had to replay were two in the middle of the season when my computer crashed. Only editing I do is to change the kits every couple of seasons to make it feel more authentic. Believe me, if I was cheating we would not have lost to f*cking Palace.

Finished my wonder season with 3 more victories, meaning I ended the season with 109 points & the F.A Cup, Had a productive pre-season, selling a lot of big name players including My first choice LW who had picked up 16 assists in 29 Premier League games in the previous season & my first choice CAM for a combined £74,000,000. Replaced them with a former Ballon D'or winning regen and a 32 year Old Isco who had been in World Team of the season for 7 of the previous 8 seasons for a total of £50,000,000. I also sold my back-up LW and CAM for a further £25,000,000 with players from my U-21 stepping up to replace them. Also got a further £21,000,000 for my 4th choice CB and my back-up RB, with yet again youth players stepping up to replace them. Got some f*cking awesome young players coming through. The RB I've promoted to back-up is the pick of the bunch. He's 17 years old, currently 1 1/2 stars of Ability with 5 starts of potential. He's already started 7 league games for Brighton, picking up 2 assists and averaging over a 7 in ratings. He also has 14 U-21 caps for Germany and all the stats to grow in to a perfect Wing-Back.

So far this season we've won the Community Shield (5-1 with 2 goals for a striker I signed off relegated Leeds). We've played 5, won 4 and lost 1 in the league, with the loss coming away to Chelsea and we've started the Champions League campaign well, with a weakened team beating Werder Breman 5-1.

Also the England manager, took England to the Euros. Won my group quite comfortably (Czech Republic 3-1, Northern Ireland 2-0 & Croatia 2-2), beat Germany 3-1, Ukraine 3-0 & Poland 2-1 AET on the way to the final before losing to hosts Italy 3-2. Started the World Cup qualifiers well though, scoring 11 goals without reply in 2 games.

Hoping to put up a real challenge in the Champions League and obviously tie up the Prem title again.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Knowing that this thread is filled with people that have spent just as many hours on FM (depressingly high) as I have over the years I feel it's a safe place to ask whether it's worth upgrading to FM16 from 15?

For the first year in a long time I didn't buy it on release and I'm quite enjoying my European adventures in the previous version so I'm a little torn. Has this year brought anything genuinely new and helpful to the mix or is it mostly refinements to the existing features?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Knowing that this thread is filled with people that have spent just as many hours on FM (depressingly high) as I have over the years I feel it's a safe place to ask whether it's worth upgrading to FM16 from 15?

For the first year in a long time I didn't buy it on release and I'm quite enjoying my European adventures in the previous version so I'm a little torn. Has this year brought anything genuinely new and helpful to the mix or is it mostly refinements to the existing features?

For me, its brought enough of a change to be worth the upgrade but only just. I'm having trouble working out what they can bring to it in the next iteration to stop me from asking the very same question.

Word of warning; it is noticeably harder than any previous release. They've done very well at reducing the possibility of finding that wonder tactic that works all the time so its a lot more involved. Personally I quite like that. I also like that changes I make to the tactics mid-game can be seen reflected in the match engine. I didn't get that impression in the last few versions.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I'm biased but I honestly think this is the best ever version of the game. Really solid game this year.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Been really struggling with this FM, first time I haven't gone to Brighton and won the CL within 5 or 6 seasons for a long long time, but i'm finally making some progress on what must be my 5th or 6th attempt, and have the team in 8th (4 points off Bolton in 2nd, which is odd) in January playing a 4-4-2. I got one of the unofficial updates in order to get Wilson in but VLP isn't there. Set the expectations for top half finiah so should get at least another season to get to the playoffs at least if necessary.

Signed up Peter Pawlett from Aberdeen to fill the RM slot and he has been amazing so far. He is down as an 'unrealistic target' but comes quite easily for around 650k and 10k a week. Also bought in Oliver Norwood from Reading to play in games against weaker sides as he is a natural Advanced Playmaker and he has been keeping Stephens out of the team with his performances. Did set is back a pretty penny though, £2.3 million IIRC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here