Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2015 - The Official Thread

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I find I don't have the time for the 'Full Fat' version anymore (wife/family/work etc) so have to make do with the tablet version which is fine for me. Bonus now is that it looks good on the iPhone 6 plus!

Started a new game of FMHH14 last weeks as Eastbourne Boro - doing ok so far. Anyone know when FMHH15 might be coming out?

May be worth giving FM Classic mode a go on the PC. That's streamlined to run fast and cuts out a lot of the time consuming full fat features. I'm a big fan of it myself.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not keen on finding potential transfers via the scouting tab rather than the transfers tab.

I can see the logic of it, it just seems odd after so long of doing it the other way. I also can't get on with the new tactics screen or the sidebar instead of the menu options being at the top as in the past.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Started my Albion career with a 5-0 friendly win over the footballing might of Brackley (Baldock x3, Kaz, Holla)...does that qualify me for Sami's job should it become vacant?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
These are my results so far:

W 3-1 vs Sheff Wed

W 4-1 vs Wycombe (League Cup)

L 3-4 vs Brum

W 2-1 vs Leeds

L 2-4 vs Bolton

Rather high scoring but I seem to recall the 2014 Beta was similar in that regard.

Snapped up Pablo Aimar, Joseph Yobo and Adriano on free transfers. Starting to regret that now though...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
35i6uu0.png

Goals are flying in :banana: 8-2 against Stevenage in the cup :lolol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've got the beta. At the end of January 1st season.
I play as Mansfield, experience as a regional pro tracksuit manager, continental B licence.

I'll start from the start:

Player recruitment is tough - finding a player takes time. Lower league and low transfer budgets mean the trial system is invaluable for seeing stats. It can take some months to discover the true ability of a player. This means you cannot just sell your start player for a few million and in a week have his replacement with out having prepared in advance. Is recommend having a set up of three scouts, one looking at GK, RB, CB, LB, one DM, CM, AM, one AMR, AML, ST. That way you have always got a supply of players prescouted so a move can be made quickly. As common sense as it seems, you need to fit in one roaming scout for pretty match reports etc, scouts to look at players you identify. And its over whelming.

Tactics have been a mixed bag so far. I like the layout but it is very different. In match team talks mean you can be a Gus, Atlanta aggressive. Or a reluctant Oscar. Or you can not bother and be a Sami. Itd be nice to see touchline manager interactions and referee abuses which can land you in trouble to further the feeling of match day excitement.

Match engine isn't bad, lots of early goals in the beta. Keeper saves are almost unrealistic compared to 14 but they do feel much more like keepers have actually been trained to protect a goal.

All in all I think its a good step up. FM16 will have to build on the doors 15 has opened and it looks as good as ever.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
May be worth giving FM Classic mode a go on the PC. That's streamlined to run fast and cuts out a lot of the time consuming full fat features. I'm a big fan of it myself.

Its not so much the game itself as the time sat in front of the computer. With the handheld one I can take it with me and dip in to it whenever and wherever I am.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Does anyone know if you can continue your Beta game when the full game comes out?

Looking to do something with my Sunday evening - but won't bother if you can't do that.
You always have been able to in the past, although I've not seen confirmation either way this year.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Love the new version. Have employed almost the same general tactic (4-1-2-2-1) with marauding WBs and wingers playing as inside forwards and covered the most obvois gaps in our team and Im top of the table after 15 game son 32 points.

The key signing (and hopefully they'll be just as good in the real game) were Raul Goni (free) DC, Gael Bigirimana(season loan), Demba Savage (AMR) season loan from HJK, and Kevin Foley (RWB) first as loan from Wolves and then as transfer in January for 98k. Foley was so good on loan that Calde and Bruno can't get back in. Lua Lua has been a revelation and Chicksen has out muscled Bennett for the LB role. Stockdale has 9 clean sheets.

Hmm.....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Love the new version. Have employed almost the same general tactic (4-1-2-2-1) with marauding WBs and wingers playing as inside forwards and covered the most obvois gaps in our team and Im top of the table after 15 game son 32 points.

The key signing (and hopefully they'll be just as good in the real game) were Raul Goni (free) DC, Gael Bigirimana(season loan), Demba Savage (AMR) season loan from HJK, and Kevin Foley (RWB) first as loan from Wolves and then as transfer in January for 98k. Foley was so good on loan that Calde and Bruno can't get back in. Lua Lua has been a revelation and Chicksen has out muscled Bennett for the LB role. Stockdale has 9 clean sheets.

Hmm.....

Sully IN, Sami OUT!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Does anyone know if you can continue your Beta game when the full game comes out?

Looking to do something with my Sunday evening - but won't bother if you can't do that.
Yep, you can continue your beta save on the full version.

Doing well so far in 4th at late October despite a load of serious injuries to Bruno, Holla, Kazenga, Calde and Pablo Aimar. Baldock was banging them in but got injured, leaving me with just Colunga, who is useless as a lone striker. Luckily Kaz and Solly have stepped up to the task.

Beat Arsenal on pens in front of 30000 at the Amex in the CoC as well which was a nice bonus.

I cannot recommend Jack Grealish on loan from Villa enough, he has been amazing on the right side of a 4-2-3-1. Steffen Hagen from Odd is another great bargain buy, plays RB and CB and is better than any of the current squad in both positions, snapped him up for 200k.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Hmm.....

Demba Savage sounds like the hilarious regen names that used to come up, like Diego Poyet, or Jake Forster-Caskey. Oh...

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
How realistic is this game? Just out of interest, and because I'm a bit of a geek, I decided to let Football Manager 2015 play itself alongside my game. I started a new game unemployed, and watched as Brighton's season unfolded, and so far it has been surprisingly similar to how it is in real life. Sami Hyypia was finally shown the door after the Wigan home game (next Saturday) after a long run of poor results saw Brighton in 22nd place. In the same week, Gus Poyet is sacked by Sunderland, who then sign up Hyypia as their new manager. Meanwhile, our board are not rushing into a decision regarding the new manager, instead they've left the development squad coach, Simon Ireland as caretaker manager, while Danny Wilson, Owen Coyle and Jens Lehmann are the front runners for the job. We then change formation and tactics and there's a complete transformation and we win our first game under Ireland by beating Blackburn 2-0. Interestingly, the rest of the Championship isn't far off the real life positions as they are now.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think it's all starting to get a bit complicated now but hey I am still on FM10 and have steered the mighty Atessa Val Di Sangro from obscurity to Serie A in 9 seasons. Only with a few hours to spare each week it has taken me about 2 years of my life to get this far...and guess what. Potential consortium takeover who want to bring Totti in as manager so a nervous few weeks ahead!!

Would be gutted if sacked as first season in Serie A and am 8th after half a season and could secure a European spot. Surely FM couldn't be this cruel could it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here