Football Manager 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Blimey, you've kept a lot more true to the existing first team squad than I have. I'm at the start of the 16/17 season and my team is;

Stekelenberg

Chris Solly / Lewis Dunk / Regen / Fabio

Paul Pogba / Jay Spearing

Jonjo Shelvey / Will Hughes / Keisuke Honda

Alberto Paloschi

I tried as much as I could.

Still have Buckley and Forster-Caskey on the bench too. JFC is quality and I rotate with McEacheran. Lewis Dunk is just ridiculous in terms of MoM awards and Delph was a snip.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
2nd season, 20 games in, currently 19th, best 11 this season is

PIG

Bruno or Flanagan (Loan) / Cuellar / Dunk / Catala

Bottinelli / Simao or Llie / Crofts or Bridders / Lualua or Vicente (very injury prone which is good in a way)

Barnes
/ Ulloa or Guidetti (Loan)

also have Buckers and JFC out on loan.

Also last season I won the championship with Barnes netting 36 League goals and Ulloa with 31!!!

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Going to take us up and through the leagues, fancy having a go at the "Euro Cup", to start with anyone know a cheap deals I can get with our poor budget?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Also last season I won the championship with Barnes netting 36 League goals and Ulloa with 31!!!

Interesting as Barnes was awful for me and given plenty of chances either upfront or as a AMC/AMR

Do people not get like 20M+ and then another 40M odd at Xmas in the Prem?? That's what I got off Bloom and spent the lot including 22M on Belhanda. Wages I turned into extra transfer funds to make the 20 more like 30 but then caught up with me and I had to turn the 40M into more like 33M in order to boost what I could pay a player. That got me Lacina Traore upfront on a free, agreed just got to finish the 2nd season :)

Currently 6th but think I can finish 5th :thumbsup: Got beaten by Burnley in LC QF :( Having made final 1st season but meh! FA cup got a 4th round replay at Man City next after semis 1st season....... Euro cup well we spanked some tiny eastern europe team maybe an Estonian side? About 9-0 over 2 legs. Then got Roma, Athletico Bilbao and Genk in our group. Beat Roma 1-0 home, Beat Genk 5-0 away, Drew with Bilbao home and away :(, Beat Genk 4-0 then with us on 11 and Roma on 9 points, Bilbao 6 and Genk like 1, we beat Roma 2-0 away. Something like 16 shots to 3 domination and was expecting them to be much better tbh!

Just got average draws in the 1st and 2nd knock-outs but can't remember who as didn't stand out. Think a mediocre French side in the first.

Looked at Kiyotake but he was 16M so bought Belhanda for 22M, couple of Brazilian regens for 3.1 and 1.6, Lacina Traore free transfer end of season. Resigned Koosh at Xmas as contract was expiring and top of table Spurs plus Arsenal and Liverpool all after him. No good keeper will sign for me :( Have Butland coming in summer still (plan was sign him and leave him at Birmingham to play for the whole year then replace Koosh but not sure he'll be Champs league standard ready for 3rd season of game). Leali on loan has been my back-up all season and is Juve's big talent (next Buffon apparently but seems just OK from couple he's played) but doubt they'll sell him and he'd just be another Butland anyway.

Ulloa still the business in Prem, CMS scored 2 in 2 sub appearances then broke his leg for 9 months :( so got Hrgota in on 1.5k a week loan. Immense off the bench better version of Buckley upfront or wide right. Murray was injured a few months but looked good. Ollson has been solid but unspectacular LM. Jali and Mathoho excellent. Dunk and the later have kicked Batth out the defense and Denswil not getting look in. Contento has been a good signing but occasionally has a mare.

Good fun and still playing

-----------ST----------
------ACM----------AMR
-LM-----------CM-------
-----------DM----------
LB-----CB-----CB-----RB
-----------GK-----------

Bit like in the cups while in Champ 1st season...... doing well against top Prem sides but struggling sometimes to punish the weaker sides despite dominating. Due to Euro Cup and LC and Prem the squad sometimes is rotated a fair bit. Think I need to play 2 up front in a lot of games next season against lower sides but need Traore and one other as ONLY having Ulloa as a striker with CMS out whole year is not a good situation long term.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh big regret is Smalling got transfer listed for 8M and I could have nabbed him at 42-44k a week but decided not to pay him that. Then he went to Inter for 42k a week and I realised how good he is and better than my current CBs...... though they doing the business currently so better I got the attacking options in I spose.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Interesting as Barnes was awful for me and given plenty of chances either upfront or as a AMC/AMR

Do people not get like 20M+ and then another 40M odd at Xmas in the Prem?? That's what I got off Bloom and spent the lot including 22M on Belhanda. Wages I turned into extra transfer funds to make the 20 more like 30 but then caught up with me and I had to turn the 40M into more like 33M in order to boost what I could pay a player. That got me Lacina Traore upfront on a free, agreed just got to finish the 2nd season :)

Every tactic is different I guess, I mean I won the league with 2 games to do but got pormoted with 8 to go I think, but this season as you can see its not really in my favour (which I like to be fair I hate being good all the time with no challenge)

As for the money I only got the budget at the start of the season when I ask for more TB said no, even for higher wage budget :/ there isnt any good free tranfers floating about and I've taken up my 2 liing term loans for the season so I'm currently trying to find a couple of players I can pay nothing now but higher interest over 48 months .... thats thats failing atm.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Going to take us up and through the leagues, fancy having a go at the "Euro Cup", to start with anyone know a cheap deals I can get with our poor budget?

Tips are - just make sure youhave alot of good scouts, look throught atlot of the transfer list not just the most expensive as you get alot of good players in the reserve of teams that cost peanits but their value shoots up once signed, free tranfers market look for players with most caps with the better coutries or, highest finishing stats for fowards, crossing for wingers, passing for cm, tackling for defender and handleing for goalkepers, Ive got alot of ready made filters with the best stats for players and staff which help.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Tips are - just make sure youhave alot of good scouts, look throught atlot of the transfer list not just the most expensive as you get alot of good players in the reserve of teams that cost peanits but their value shoots up once signed, free tranfers market look for players with most caps with the better coutries or, highest finishing stats for fowards, crossing for wingers, passing for cm, tackling for defender and handleing for goalkepers, Ive got alot of ready made filters with the best stats for players and staff which help.
Thanks selling CMS joke for me 5 goals at Christmas joke.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Restarted this with the January update with Brighton.

1st Season i brought in Jamie Mackie on loan from QPR and he score 32 goals firing us to the league title, Matt Upson was ruled out for 8 months in his first game for me too !!

2nd season and my first in the Premier League i managed to beat Chelsea and Barcelona to the signing of keeper David Ospina on a free transfer, also managed to get Liam Trotter for a bargain £1 Million. We were top 4 until December, but then we lost form and tumbled to 10th, not bad for a first season !! We also made a large profit, making about £2.5 Million each month !!

Currently in my 3rd season and im sitting in 9th place, just 4 points off 4th with a game in hand !! Target is to qualify for the Europa League by the next season too, something i believe i can do, especially with the high transfer budgets i keep getting given !!

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Just finished my first season with Brighton, and my first full season as a manger!

Took Brighton to 7th in the championship, just missed out of the play-offs!

I was 12th in January and was lacking a bit of flair up front, so I brought in Chris Wood and Fredico Macheda who took me on their own to and obviously took me to 7th!

Going to try and earn automatic promotion this season, wish me luck! :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Restarted this with the January update with Brighton.

1st Season i brought in Jamie Mackie on loan from QPR and he score 32 goals firing us to the league title, Matt Upson was ruled out for 8 months in his first game for me too !!

2nd season and my first in the Premier League i managed to beat Chelsea and Barcelona to the signing of keeper David Ospina on a free transfer, also managed to get Liam Trotter for a bargain £1 Million. We were top 4 until December, but then we lost form and tumbled to 10th, not bad for a first season !! We also made a large profit, making about £2.5 Million each month !!

Currently in my 3rd season and im sitting in 9th place, just 4 points off 4th with a game in hand !! Target is to qualify for the Europa League by the next season too, something i believe i can do, especially with the high transfer budgets i keep getting given !!

Good work :thumbsup:

I looked at Ospina but he was expensive and I'd blown most of my money already :/

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted as cannot be bothered to trawl the whole thread but in the iOS version when you get an offer for a player change it to 150 million then click the home button in the top right hand corner, click the message button in the top right hand corner and then click confirm and the player has then been sold for 150 million. I know it's cheating but it's quite fun starting in the blue square south and having a team that includes messi, ronaldo, silva, aguero etc etc.

I have no idea if this world in the desktop version as I do not have enough time in my life to play that

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Already been said I think but Jamie Mackie on loan is a snip, though I played before Ulloa came, perhaps Brighton don't need him any more?

There's a couple of lads in the Barcelona B team that did a great job for me arriving Jan 2013 for under 500k. (Carles Planas & Sergio Gomez)

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Just finish my 2nd season, I was finding it hard at the start of the season but I've managed to finish 12th, which isnt to shabby.

Highest League goalscorer - Barnes with 17.

Hishest Ave rating - Dunk 7.69 in 40 games!!!

Villian of the season - Flanagan (loan) 6.71 in 32 games.

Just came 9th in my first season in the Premier League after being promoted as champions of the Championship! Made minimal signings in my championship season, our squad is seriously good in the january transfer update.
Championship team:
GK: PIG
LB: Bridge
CB: El Abd
CB: Greer
DR: Bruno/Calderon
DM: Bridcutt/Crofts
CM: Hammond/Dicker
AMC: Vicente (FORTY-ONE GAMES)
ML: Kaz/Orlandi
AMR: Buckley/Lopez
SC: Ulloa/Barnes

Hammond got 9 goals from CM, many late runs into the box, Ulloa was my top scorer with 22 goals, Vicente also clocked in 9! Reached the semi final of the FA Cup but lost in extra time to Gus Poyet's blackburn....

Premier League 2013/2014 team:
GK: PIG/Fabianski
LB: Van Aanholt
CB: Dunk
CB: Greer
DR: Bruno
DM: Bridcutt
CM: Spearing/Crofts
AMC: Ireland
ML: Kaz/Orlandi
AMR: Buckley/Lopez
SC: Ulloa/Weimann/Sharp

Managed to get Ireland from a relegated Villa on loan, no loan fee, no wage contribution, and he decided he was going to play like it was 2007 again! Did got on a torrid run from october to december, but also managed to beat both Manchester clubs at the amex! For once in a FM game I have 2 goalkeepers of similar standard, so rotate them if one has a bad game. Bought Weimann in January for 500k and he started banging them in!

Current squad for this season!

GK: PIG/Fabianski
LB: Van Aanholt/Marcos Alonso
CB: Dunk/Hoban
CB: Greer/El Abd
DR: Bruno/Eros Pisano
DM: Bridcutt/Matic
CM: Spearing/Gardener(on loan)/Lansbury/JFC
AMC: Rafinha(Barca youth product)/Erik Falkenburg
ML: Mclean/Orlandi
AMR: Buckley/Lansbury
SC: Ulloa/Weimann/ZAMORA

Really liking my squad this season, Buckley, Rafinha, Bridcutt. Dunk and Weimann are developing nicely, and I finally bought Zamora back home!! Lost 1-0 to United, but beaten Chelsea 4-1 and Liverpool 2-0, so things are looking good!

EDIT: I do know technically both my goalkeepers are PIGs.....

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've just programmed in all the regen dates to my notebook and plan on goign on holiday until march/april, i'm starting in Janurary 2012 unemployed.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
2013-04-01_00002.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports