Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2013

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Rye's seventh season and we are now league 2 champs. Staring league 1 and SHOCK HORROR Brighton have just been relegated. Chance to be no: 1 in Sussex!

For those who like playing lower league it is only now that all the Sussex league 1 players have gone from the team. Players I reccomend based on my all-time best eleven:

GK all regens
WR Shane Keely (started Sussex 1) 138 games - 23 goals
CB George King (Sussex 1) 96-11
CB Will James (Sussex 1) 77-4
WL Steven Page (started Southern P 1 ) 149 - 14
DM Dan Hart (Sussex) 102-6
MCR Shane Murray (Sussex 1) 198-31
MCL Ibrahim Farah (Sussex 1) 128-18
SCR Trevor Mutero (Sussex 1) 79-22
SC Adam Sharpe (Sussex 1) 169-79
SCL Regens Only

in League 2 - James, King, Murray and Sharpe were still in the squad.

Some may wonder at the small number of games that is because I am a tinkerman. I pick my team on the player with the best form in the last five games for any squad, regardless of their ability and only play players who are match fit and over 94% on condition. Means a lot of chopping and changing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Same here finlaych

At the end of next week Im off to Poland for two weeks on a business trip, travelling from town to town so if the database update post-transfers come out by then Ill start an Albion game then. Hope to get Rye to the premiership before then.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
For those of you who want to try post transfer Albion, heres the link:

Sports Interactive Community

I had to further update by getting rid of Vincelot and Dicker but otherwise correct. Taking a break from Rye now to try

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Has anyone experianced the problem where everytime you try to open FM13 its says completeting installiation and goes as far as 1% then a different box appears saying the steam servers are too busy to handle your requests for Football manager 13. Error Code (2) Has anyone got any ideas on how to sort this??

I have already un-installed steam and FM but still nothing
its been like this for the last 3 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone experianced the problem where everytime you try to open FM13 its says completeting installiation and goes as far as 1% then a different box appears saying the steam servers are too busy to handle your requests for Football manager 13. Error Code (2) Has anyone got any ideas on how to sort this??

- - - Updated - - -

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't i'm afraid have you tried the fm forums? they are usually quite helpful

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't i'm afraid have you tried the fm forums? they are usually quite helpful

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
Bought FM13 at the weekend for a nice new laptop (Sony Vaio Duo 11) and having exactly this issue. Been corresponding with Sega support - they've now given up and told me to raise it with Steam (which I did 2 days ago and haven't heard a thing). Short of rebuilding the laptop, have tried everything suggested by the Forums etc............. It's doing my head in - can get it to run on my desktop so not a network issue, something very specific to the Windows 8 build on the machine.......

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Go to your steam Library, right click on FM 2013, click on properties - go to the local files tab, click on 'verify integrity of game cache' this might work

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Russian transfer window closes end of Feb so expect first week of March will be the release of the new transfers. Surely they will get all the other nations done beforehand.

Very tempted though to add Ulloa perm and Upson on loan to us and start a new game.

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
OK, managed to get it working. Having verified caches, installed / uninstalled Steam, removed AV software etc etc etc, I did a Windows refresh. It works....... Now re-installing the software that was on my machine item by item to try and work out what was blocking it........

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
OK, managed to get it working. Having verified caches, installed / uninstalled Steam, removed AV software etc etc etc, I did a Windows refresh. It works....... Now re-installing the software that was on my machine item by item to try and work out what was blocking it........

Did you find out what was blocking it?

Still no luck on mine after un-installing steam and fm and verifying caches

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
Did you find out what was blocking it?

Still no luck on mine after un-installing steam and fm and verifying caches

Unfortunately not, must have been something somewhere in the Windows build. Re-installed all software I had on it previously and still works with no issues. Lucky it was a new bit of kit and I could do that...........support really was awful. It's well worth it though, just taken the boys into the semi-final of the Capital One in my first season and sitting pretty second in the league. Good luck with getting it sorted.

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
Unfortunately not, must have been something somewhere in the Windows build. Re-installed all software I had on it previously and still works with no issues. Lucky it was a new bit of kit and I could do that...........support really was awful. It's well worth it though, just taken the boys into the semi-final of the Capital One in my first season and sitting pretty second in the league. Good luck with getting it sorted.

UPDATE: Issue was Intel Anti-Theft service, when I reactivated this morning everything stopped working again........ Got to work out whether it's more important to track my laptop or play FM2013 ???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1st season with Brighton done. 1st in league, 9 points clear of Cardiff.... was only 3 points clear with 3 games to go! I got 7 they got 1 :shrug:

Got to semi of League Cup, having beaten Man City's 1st team on the way 3-2 (they got 2, I shouted alot, Dicker in a rare appearance due to everyone being knackered got 2, then Ulloa scored 89th min :thumbsup:). Lost in semi to Everton..... 1-1 at home, 2-1 away :( 87th minute howler from someone.

Got to FINAL of FA Cup! Beat Arsenals reserves 2-0 easy with a rare Vicente cameo, then Chelsea 1st team in semi 1-0 Dunk header.... then got Stoke who were a whopping 6 points clear at top of Prem with 4 games to go but Chelsea caught them for Prem title. Was 1-1 until extra time when Stoke got a winner :( Still meant we qualified for Europe though :D

Only signing was Batth who is Wolves back-up CB and had 1 sub appearance for them at Xmas. Came in and did AMAZEBALLS at CB with Dunk (the England under 21's pairing after Xmas though Dunk hadn't even made a squad until then so bit odd). Dunk had highest average rating of any player any team in Championship think 7.60...... Batth seemed to get 8.6 or 8.9 every game :shrug:

Ulloa top scorer and Chanpionship player of season with 30 goals in 36 games.
CMS 7 in 11.

Sold all the usual shite midfielders but couldn't shift Dicker at all so dumped Hammond. Only 'shock' sale was probably El-Abd for 1.6M to Nottingham Forrest since had Greer, Upson and Dunk ahead of him. Maybe few of you sell Calde but I had Bruno with Greer or Crofts capable stand ins or Bridders in a push so was comfortable (Calde started for Cardiff though).

Barnes was sold to Huddersfield at Xmas for not much maybe 600k and a % of next sale..... he was shite off bench and wouldn't sign a new deal since he thought would break into Austria side if I played him more :shrug: His first game for Hudds he got a hatrick and 9.6 rating. Finished season with 14 appearances and still only 3 goals. Vicente went on free to Cadiz as was injured every time he appeared he'd break an arm after 10 mins or something ludicrus and wasn't getting 20k in the Champ to warm my bench when we had Lopez and Buckley! I should have sold at start but 'risked it for the few points' and might have made a difference in a couple of games but meh!

I usually played

........................Ulloa.......................
..............Lopez......................Buckley
??????......................Crofts...............
......................Bridcutt.....................
Bridge.....Dunk...........GG/Batth....Bruno
.....................Kuszczak....................

Yes it's lop-sided but it makes so many triangles around the opponents flat midfield line!
Both Orlandi and Lua Lua were PANTS at LM though :( Early signs are JFC is excellent there but needs time to grow :)

As for the £27M and 327k wages (after we made 12M profit year before)

GK - Kuszczak with BUTLAND backing up for a season
RB - Trippier with Bruno (but the latter is wanted in Spain and might try to push for Hodson at Watford since I made him unhappy like did with Trip)
CB - Batth - Backed up by Mathoho some South African mountain who's done well pre-season
CB - Dunk - Backed up by Denswil who's left sided and can appear at LB. Was on loan a bit last season and seems highly rated from Ajax
LB - STRUGGLE - Bought Olsson from relegated Blackburn who looks immense but seems happier at LM........ Shaw from relegated Scumhampton is VERY raw

(Greer wanted more than I thought he was worth so went with my blessing at end of season and signed for relegated West Ham)

DM - Bridcutt
CM - Jali my South African success from last year's version of game.
LM - Wuytens (again from last version a left or central utility player from back to attacking mid Belgian bargain at 2.2M and low wages)
all 3 backed up by JFC with Crofts probably staying on a season and Olsson hopefully coming to claim LM spot soon as LB is sorted.

AMR - Murray (from Watford before you freak) high hopes, high price though, but Scumhamptons genius Uruguayan wants 80k a week so wasn't happening and even Athletico Madrid couldn't pay him that! Backed up by Lua Lua just to get the lad in somewhere.
AMC - Buckley to get him in the line-up backed up by Lopez.

ST - Ulloa backed up by CMS........ can't find a decent player to bring in and now low on money but a few wages to convert if need be. Mayuka is unhappy but Scum aren't selling him and my scouts like him but not sure since he didn't really play. Hooper (maybe pushing my luck as seems immense) or Jelle Vossen a fellow Belgian for Wuytens (but a tiny one) are expensive maybes but not happy with any of those 3 options really. Diego Costa is at Arsenal and wants out already but is extortionate! Carroll is unhappy at being fined twice in pre-season at Liverpool but wages too high. Podolski virtually being given away but on 100k a week so those 3 are no goes. Any suggestions? Usual Championship names are all being clung to by their clubs despite many big offers by me :(

My general tactic has been to grab loads of defensive players as there are less good ones out there and you can get 5 for the price and wages of one forward!

Oh and Atilio Lombardo is my flair attacking coach

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
anyone know a way of getting for free?

ask a friend with more money than you to buy it for you.....
i dont think there has been a fully working pirated version of it this year (i always buy it, i just saw this on a tweet from one of the makers) which is a GOOD thing, as it has meant they have had more sales than ever this year, and have been able to employ more staff to make even more improvements to the game for next year

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
2018/19 season currently sitting 6th in Prem having yo-yo in and out of the Prem.

Current Team

Koosh

Tom Lees / Lewis Dunk / Joleon Lescott / Erik Pieters

Liam Bridcutt

Kazenga Lua Lua / Fabian Delph / Josh McEacharen / Tom Ince

Daniel Sturridge

2018/19 season currently sitting 6th in Prem having yo-yo in and out of the Prem.

Current Team

Koosh

Tom Lees / Lewis Dunk / Joleon Lescott / Erik Pieters

Liam Bridcutt

Kazenga Lua Lua / Fabian Delph / Josh McEacharen / Tom Ince

Daniel Sturridge

Blimey, you've kept a lot more true to the existing first team squad than I have. I'm at the start of the 16/17 season and my team is;

Stekelenberg

Chris Solly / Lewis Dunk / Regen / Fabio

Paul Pogba / Jay Spearing

Jonjo Shelvey / Will Hughes / Keisuke Honda

Alberto Paloschi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here