Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2013

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
IN CLASSIC MODE feel completely unable to get my team out of their slump. 11 games in a row I've gone behind. Won 2 home against bottom sides (one of them I was 0-2 down and they had a player sent off so I scored 4 in the next 8 mins including hatrick for my ANCHOR MAN) drawn 3 and lost 6. No way to have a go at my players or put arm round them. Have 16 players not injured and always 5 or 6 of them 'need a rest'. I was 7-1 AGAINST to beat 18th place at home despite only being 7th myself.

Any idea how to sort it as don't want to start FULL VERSION game as Brighton until end of January update. Hoping to fix this and get Eastbourne up the leagues like usual but it's getting very frustrating the lack of options in the classic version unless I'm missing something. Never had a run like this in 15-18 years of playing the game. But always play full version to be fair obviously.

Oddly after this horrible run I just got head hunted by Aldershot in D2 but refused to move as want to get Ebo there really. My usually great defenders and keeper are making clanger after clanger and it's all spiraling down the drain :cry: :rant: :dunce:

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
I downloaded and enjoyed the demo but now it's run out, I'm managing Brighton currently second to Burnley in the league mid January. If I was to download the full game will I be able to continue this one I've started on the demo?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I downloaded and enjoyed the demo but now it's run out, I'm managing Brighton currently second to Burnley in the league mid January. If I was to download the full game will I be able to continue this one I've started on the demo?

yep you can - just make sure you back up your save game which you'll find in the 'games' folder found in 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2013' folder

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yeah loads of people carry on their games and obviously download can vary a lot with your connection and computer but about an hour I'd think.

Mark you keep asking that. If not Brighton but don't fancy the usual Blue Square south team challenge, then Crawley might be a good one. All the free transfer slog up the leagues is done but doubt you'd have a single player able to cut it in the Prem (Brighton have some that last a season or so usually). Would let you build team completely plus have the slower game / challenges associated with their off field set-up not being as big as most L1 / Champ teams. Bit like doing the small team challenge but joining it half way through. I'm guessing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I downloaded the lower leagues pack for free online and am managing Whitehawk, got promoted via the play-offs (2nd to Hendon) in my first season and was put in Blue Square North for some reason, finished 3rd but got knocked out in the play-off semis. Getting challenging now as my budget has been cut and were losing a lot of money !!

lastyboy

Jan 26, 2012
Lewes East Sussex
a little bit random but was wondering of any of you guys can help. I downloaded the game from the steam website and its been working fine. ive just started my 4th season with the albion and now when i press continue i keep getting an error message come up and it closes fm all together. ive tried looking on the net for help and support but i cant seem to find anything thats helping. if any one on here has experienced the same thing or know how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
I downloaded the lower leagues pack for free online and am managing Whitehawk, got promoted via the play-offs (2nd to Hendon) in my first season and was put in Blue Square North for some reason, finished 3rd but got knocked out in the play-off semis. Getting challenging now as my budget has been cut and were losing a lot of money !!

Could you send me in the right direction for that pack please?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Wow this game is stupid. I won 1 in 12 (fair enough I guess after a decent start) then playing top of table side 20+ points ahead of 2nd still in January, I was 0-3 down and scored 4 in the last 20 mins :O Since then won another 8 in a row so gone 9-0 after 1-3-8...... nothing at all changed tactics or personel wise, same pattern as was doing before depending on home/away and if team I play better than me or not.

Oddly didn't score in 5 in a row, 1 goal in 8, yet then scored 4 5 4 3 4 4 3 haha

Have got Ben Sampayo coming in the summer too :thumbsup:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
a little bit random but was wondering of any of you guys can help. I downloaded the game from the steam website and its been working fine. ive just started my 4th season with the albion and now when i press continue i keep getting an error message come up and it closes fm all together. ive tried looking on the net for help and support but i cant seem to find anything thats helping. if any one on here has experienced the same thing or know how to fix this it would be much appreciated.

What was the error message? Anything to do with 'xml line not well formed' (or something along those lines) by any chance?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well boys and girls am in my sixth season as manager of Rye and its been...,

1 - Won Sussex County One, FA Vase, Sussex Challenge Cup, Sussex Senior Cup (no big teams entered - bug)
2 - Won Southern league div 1, runner -up Southern League Cup
3 - Won Southern Premier League, Southern League Cup, FA Cup 2nd Round
4 - Won Blue Square Bet South, FA Trophy, FA cup 1st Round
5 - Won Conference Premier, FA Trophy, FA Cup 4th round

Admittedly after winning the Southern Leagyue we got taken over and we immediately turned professional and lots of investment is being spent on infrastructure..... last game last season we had 2,700 attendence.... but we spend half our time playing at Pilot Field while the work goes on. Without that investment wed have gone bankrupt by now.

The squad has grown with the club so we have a really solid backbone and are considered an oıutside bet fro the play-offs and yet another promotion.

Let's see... ;)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Wow this game is stupid. I won 1 in 12 (fair enough I guess after a decent start) then playing top of table side 20+ points ahead of 2nd still in January, I was 0-3 down and scored 4 in the last 20 mins :O Since then won another 8 in a row so gone 9-0 after 1-3-8...... nothing at all changed tactics or personel wise, same pattern as was doing before depending on home/away and if team I play better than me or not.

Oddly didn't score in 5 in a row, 1 goal in 8, yet then scored 4 5 4 3 4 4 3 haha

Have got Ben Sampayo coming in the summer too :thumbsup:

Ask some real managers about that... hows oemthing works perfectly for one season and then BOOM they're sacked the following November. Morale is a fickle thing and one win can suddenly turnt hingsa rounf. Season in Blue Square we didnt win any othe first eight... 6 draws and two defeats and then didnt lose again until we wrapped up the title end of March.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would anyone be interested in doing a succession game? (ie. each person does 6 months game time and then passes the save on to another person at the start of the Summer/Winter transfer). Can use an editor to start a NSC team in BS South.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here