Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Top 50 Players

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
You have to consider the readership too. Of it's 98,000 circulation, 46% of are aged between 15 - 24. Just 14% in between 35 - 44. I would have a bet that the majority of our own fans fall into that age bracket.

I'm not even sure what my point is. What we talking about again?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Koosh is on there. I don't think either Bruno or Vicente would make my top ten Albion players this season
See Bruno would make my top 5 Vicente wouldn't make my top 10 either

Kusz should be above Bridders easily.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
See Bruno would make my top 5 Vicente wouldn't make my top 10 either

Kusz should be above Bridders easily.

Disagree with you on both points. Bridcutt is our best player by a country mile, and Bruno isn't even the best RB at the Albion

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
It is very much as you would expect from that kind of magazine.
Defensive midfielders aren't exciting, defenders aren't exciting. Flashy wingers, Goal Scorers and the odd Attacking Mid.

On the Zaha vs Ince debate . . I think we have been slightly too biased. Ince is just as wasteful as Zaha in some situations. I have also seen him dribble himself into trouble just as often. Both very effective players who scare defenders and have a good enough end product. Also both are extremely one footed. When SAF gets his guys training Zaha the end product will come.

I think that is what is missing from our team this year, someone who scares defenders. Buckley can tear a fullback apart on his day but his days have been too far apart. LuaLua can tear past a defender but still doesn't scare defenders as is very easy to block shots/force a bad cross.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This survey is always going to be open to debate because it is voted for by a supporter from each club. They then vote for the top three players in their division. This means two thirds of the votes are coming from outside the Championship - which explains why some League One / Two players make it in so high.

Also, if you base your selection on the matches you have seen, either live or on TV, you are likely to be picking from a relatively small pool of players who have stood out enough in the two matches against your team a season to warrant noticing.

I don't think it is unreasonable for the majority of those type of players to be attacking - as those tend to score the goals and get noticed more than the defensive work done by the likes of Bridcutt. I imagine you get a disproportionate number of goalkeepers and strikers on that list for that exact reason. When they do their job well, they stand out.

We appreciate Bridcutt because we seem him perform to a consistently high level each week. I don't necessarily expect other fans seeming him once or twice to have the same impression of him.

Also, there are Brighton fans on here suggesting Bruno should be included when elsewhere there are Brighton fans saying Calderon has been better of late...

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Sadly a large amount of the people who actually vote in these things are clueless morons who know so little about football they think that the only things that constitute talent are goals and step overs. It shows there is something seriously wrong with the system when championship player of the year Vydra is not even in the top ten :facepalm: Chris wood is pretty shit (shown by the views of leicster fans), bridge and bridders should be very high on that list but, oh, they are defensive players so they must not be that good

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sadly a large amount of the people who actually vote in these things are clueless morons who know so little about football they think that the only things that constitute talent are goals and step overs. It shows there is something seriously wrong with the system when championship player of the year Vydra is not even in the top ten :facepalm: Chris wood is pretty shit (shown by the views of leicster fans), bridge and bridders should be very high on that list but, oh, they are defensive players so they must not be that good

Voters couldn't choose players loaned from outside the division - hence no Vydra, Bridge, Chalobah etc.

Zaha was allowed as at the time of voting he had only just been sold and loaned back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here