Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Tonight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't get people moaning about this show. Who really cares?! Highlights are on seagulls player every week.
I'd have liked to watch some highlights yesterday, while still buzzing from the game, and the player highlights aren't ready yet. It's also nice if the rest of the country get to see some of your highlights, not just those of us who subscribe to player.

Feb 14, 2010
It's also just an example of the press attitude to what is and always has been a very well supported club despite its lack of success. There is no excuse for the Football League Show yesterday but I would love to hear them try to give one.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I love the fact that we are 4th, have won 4 in a row, were top for ages, had the longest unbeaten run at the beginning of the season, but when people talk about who is going to be promoted from the Championship and who is "in the mix" we rarely get a mention!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just wanted to be the first to say what piss poor coverage of our match today. Didn't even mention us in the build up and then showed the very briefest of highlights - missing the start of both Murphy and Knockhert's runs and no comment on the sublime quality of our goals. You'd have thought a team 4th in the table playing in front of 26,000 would have warranted a bit more coverage. Bolton's second equalisier apparently came after they had been "knocking at the door" before "eventually" scoring (really? It was pretty much completely out of the blue) - and the end result was "harsh on the visitors". Seriously, who writes this nonsense? Obviously no-one who was actually at the game.

Absolutely no analysis of our goals or discussion about us after the game either. Every other team, yes. But not us. What a load of ****

Totally agree, it was like one of those subliminal messages in reverse, the coverage we had.
Even when I watched the show on catch up, it was like watching a pathe newsreel from the war years, absolute poor quality.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I can sort of understand why we weren't picked for prime billing given we're a team close to the top playing a team at the bottom. The form book and the bookies both said home win, and that's what we got. HOWEVER for Channel 5 to then completely ignore us in their general analysis and punditry was pretty insulting. Four wins on the spin and the fifth biggest crowd of the day (2nd only to Derby in the Championship), you'd think was worthy of at least a few words.

It seems like when we were leading for so long we'd get mentions only in the sense of "it won't last", "too many draws" and "only ever a slim margin of victory". But now we've gone 8 games without a stalemate and the Brentford game showed we are capable of putting teams to bed, we're completely overlooked.

I know I can get the match highlights elsewhere but I like to hear what neutrals think of our games and our promotion prospects. I don't necessarily agree with what the pundits say but it is interesting to hear their thoughts. I just like to hear Brighton talked about and I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do to get a bit of attention.

I mean don't get me wrong, if slipping under the radar a little keeps the pressure off then perhaps it will all have been worthwhile come the end of the season when we're celebrating promotion. But when you look at the amount of coverage afforded to other teams it does begin to grate a little.

I appreciate it's a different kettle of fish looking at the Premier League but I still find it interesting that a quick Google News search for previews and reports on Bournemouth v Stoke yesterday (omitting results from over a week ago) returns over 59,000 results. That's near enough SIX news reports for every one person who was actually in the ground. Do the same search for Brighton v Bolton and you get a measly 7,270 options to pick from.

I'm not one to go in for all this "we get big crowds so we must be a big club" penis waving but I do think we are disproportionately underrepresented when it comes to Championship press coverage. Perhaps we're being too hospitable in the press room at the Amex so all the journos end up too sloshed to turn in anything beyond a token appraisal of the final result.

Our local rag is pretty poor these days, so it'd be nice to read (and watch) genuinely insightful thoughts on Albion performances from other sources.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just wanted to be the first to say what piss poor coverage of our match today. Didn't even mention us in the build up and then showed the very briefest of highlights - missing the start of both Murphy and Knockhert's runs and no comment on the sublime quality of our goals. You'd have thought a team 4th in the table playing in front of 26,000 would have warranted a bit more coverage. Bolton's second equalisier apparently came after they had been "knocking at the door" before "eventually" scoring (really? It was pretty much completely out of the blue) - and the end result was "harsh on the visitors". Seriously, who writes this nonsense? Obviously no-one who was actually at the game.

Absolutely no analysis of our goals or discussion about us after the game either. Every other team, yes. But not us. What a load of ****

To be quite honest, I thought Bolton WERE knocking on the door several times yesterday, and I really wasn't too surprised when they scored their two equalisers. Defensively speaking especially we didn't play particularly well, and it could be argued that Bolton deserved something from the game.

Coverage wise though you are quite right, as seems to be usual on the show, we seem to be forgotten about, with Middlesboro, Hull, Burnley, Derby et all getting far more airtime than us. Although I'm not overly upset, perhaps we can come in under the radar.

Chris Iwelumo, seemingly a regular pundit now, is largely hopeless too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only just watched it...

What a beauty from Jake Forster-Caskey, sending Derby another defeat.

Our highlights on player now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
watched it once, then decided rightly or wrongly what they know about football you could write on the perferation of a postage stamp.
I could have watched the second goal on player over and over again in fact they were all good goals, we are playing with some flair at last and I think those above us must be really looking over their shoulders and think WTF .
long may this continue ........................................onwards and upwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here