Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It seems there was a technical problem, which meant the original footage was unusable. The concise version was a rushed alternative, according to sources on twitter..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think it was poor I was waiting to watch it , I shall just record it in future and watch it later. I would like to see what the experts thought of the goalkeepers two bookings. But on the other hand less attention my be good as we sneak up the league.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think it was poor I was waiting to watch it , I shall just record it in future and watch it later. I would like to see what the experts thought of the goalkeepers two bookings. But on the other hand less attention my be good as we sneak up the league.

I've done this for the last couple of seasons now. I used to wait and watch it every week but it started becoming a bit pointless so just record it and watch the Albion with junior sock on Sunday mornings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'll be on more when we play the relegated teams and Leeds. Did we get plenty of time when we lost at Leeds? I missed that week's show.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is an explanation about why the coverage was limited on FLS. its from Davey Beckett; a reporter who works on the show.
He says producers wanted to include the first GK yellow and commentary but it wasn't possible.

[tweet]371429672414089216[/tweet]
[tweet]371430269594906624[/tweet]
[tweet]371430683769843712[/tweet]

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
does anyone know when this gets uploaded onto iPlayer, fell asleep last night at the end of MOTD!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
does anyone know when this gets uploaded onto iPlayer, fell asleep last night at the end of MOTD!

It's being repeated on a loop on Freeview 301 this morning

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Rubbish, Brighton fans start complaining, then suddenly there was a "technical problem".

Dave Beckett is: A great bloke, big Brighton fan, often doing interview on Seagulls Player AND possibly a NSC poster.
I believe him. It's not the sort of thing that the Beeb would like to admit because it sounds amateur. Hence why he's explained it following complaints.
I imagine he was p**sed off too

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously, that is piss-poor from the BBC. I can't believe that incident did not feature.

The excuse about 'technical issue' just doesn't hold up. There would be no excuses if this was a Premier League game.

This was a huge and controversial moment in the match. Firstly, many refs would have sent the bloke off, it is a talking point for all fans, not just Brighton and Burnley. Second, it was directly linked to the eventual sending-off, with it being the first yellow.

You cannot show highlights of that game and not mention the incident - EVEN if it means embarrassingly admitting your cameras didn't catch it.

If I wrote a newspaper report without mentioning it I would expect - and deserve - a major bollocking.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dave Beckett is: A great bloke, big Brighton fan, often doing interview on Seagulls Player AND possibly a NSC poster.
I believe him. It's not the sort of thing that the Beeb would like to admit because it sounds amateur. Hence why he's explained it following complaints.
I imagine he was p**sed off too

This

(Although i think that always turning up to play 5 a-side in full Albion kit was a bit over the top)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Dave Beckett has explained it further in a couple of tweets. It was a temporary tech failure.

[tweet]371562385615900672[/tweet]
[tweet]371563316319383552[/tweet]

Also he made a good point that FLS covered 33 matches yesterday. Always going to be difficult to satisfy fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here