Football League Show

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Brilliant pun-ditry from the commentator shall we say?!

Typical the camera focuses on a sparsely populated terrace behind the goal - if only they knew!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well they can't show every contentious incident from all 36 games can they?

No, but it would have taken about 10 seconds to. They could have cut that from the excessively long coverage of the Leeds game they'd shown live anyway.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Nice to see Coxy setting up Revell for Orient and then Virgs clearing off the line to preserve Yeovil's lead. Yes I know we're not supposed to be interested in former players, but good to see I thought.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Attachments

• sparrow1.jpg
    sparrow1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 275
  • sparrow2.jpg
    sparrow2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 275
  • sparrow3.jpg
    sparrow3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 275

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Indeed. Here's the proof:

Then Brighton get forward, ball gets played to Sparrow right infront of the linesman. Sparrow was a good 5 yards offside, he runs on and scores and we all look the linesman in disbelief. It was simple, it was basic and it was obvious. The linesman should be shot for that. I still cant believe it.

:laugh::facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness he is only 5 yards onside there. Such narrrow margins.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
No, but it would have taken about 10 seconds to. They could have cut that from the excessively long coverage of the Leeds game they'd shown live anyway.

They could have done yes.

Also, my mate who supports Bournemouth said there was something important they left out of their goals clip, and his mate who supports Orient said that if only they had included some incident for 10 seconds or so then people would have had a different outlook of the game. And his mate...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Barnes is offside though but was he interfering with play?

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
barnes was offside by the look of it and I would say he must be interfering with play. We were a bit lucky in my opinion.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
According to the 2005 offside law clarifications: "Interfering with play means playing or touching the ball passed or touched by a team-mate."

Later it was also added that: "A player in an offside position may be penalised before playing or touching the ball if, in the opinion of the referee, no other team-mate in an onside position has the opportunity to play the ball.

"If an opponent becomes involved in the play and if, in the opinion of the referee, there is potential for physical contact, the player in the offside position shall be penalised for interfering with an opponent."

Clearly, Barnes did not touch the ball in this passage of play, Sparrow was in an onside position and had an opportunity to play the ball, and there is not the potential for Barnes to physically interfere with an opponent. So we're in the clear!
:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports