Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League show - what push?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've just watched it again on Catch Up and the defender more than made a meal of it. I've watched it three or four times now and the dive becomes even more farcical with each new look. The defender jumped off the ground, landed back down again and threw himself to to the ground with his arms flailing away when he saw that we'd scored. Never a free kick in my opinion.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I've just watched it again on Catch Up and the defender more than made a meal of it. I've watched it three or four times now and the dive becomes even more farcical with each new look. The defender jumped off the ground, landed back down again and threw himself to to the ground with his arms flailing away when he saw that we'd scored. Never a free kick in my opinion.

doesn't mean he didn't push him though does it. cant quite believe that people are refusing to see ulloa push the chap. its obvious. lol

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

ref only got one look at it

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Looked like the Millwall player had had an electric plug shoved up his arris and turned full on, he jumped about about six foot in the air cheating **** !!!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My test is always "would it have been a penalty if the defender was pushing?". The answer to that in this case is "not a chance in hell". Ref' would have just motioned for the over-reacting Jessie to get up and get on with it.
So IMHO should have stood as a goal.

This is how I see it. Slight push in the back but nothing major, happens all the time unpunished. The way the defender flings his arms up in the air and sprawls himself out was a touch OTT, if it was the other way round the ref would've just been saying get up

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
If the defender did the same to Ulloa the ref would not have been so quick to give the pen. It is a foul nevertheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here