Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football league show - shenanigans!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
now i've been patient with the football league show, but wasnt it the case that when we had a Friday game a few weeks ago, while top or 2nd, they didnt even show the game or it was last. now we have a 1-1 game between midtable and relagation candidates making first billing. do we need to have an out of game incident to get some coverage?

i call shenanigans. :moo:

and it just got worse... im going to bed.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Paul Barber's interview was interesting. He closes his eyes for a longer period when he talks about spending money, like he either doesn't want to or is lying. He needs a better poker face

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Paul Barber's interview was interesting. He closes his eyes for a longer period when he talks about spending money, like he either doesn't want to or is lying. He needs a better poker face

My girlfriend closes her eyes for a longer period when she tells me she loves me.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
at least we know why we lost now, featured game, people getting interested etc etc. what we need is to get back under the radar!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
now i've been patient with the football league show, but wasnt it the case that when we had a Friday game a few weeks ago, while top or 2nd, they didnt even show the game or it was last. now we have a 1-1 game between midtable and relagation candidates making first billing. do we need to have an out of game incident to get some coverage?

i call shenanigans. :moo:

and it just got worse... im going to bed.

Weds v Leeds was a televised game, ours against Weds wasn't (but they DID show bits).
They normally show the televised one first (unless it's a drab affair).

What's the problem?

Folk who are sensible leave the game with 10 minutes still to play, rush down to Falmer Station to catch a train, get home to Burgess Hill (or wherever) by 5.30.

Is it too unreasonable to expect the Football League Show to be brought forward to a 6.15pm start, with coverage of the build-up to the game, the highlights of an Albion victory, 15 minutes of Mr Rosenior saying how well we are playing, and all of the last ten minutes play available on the red button, for those who missed that bit?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I liked the fbs segment personally:wink:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Folk who are sensible leave the game with 10 minutes still to play, rush down to Falmer Station to catch a train, get home to Burgess Hill (or wherever) by 5.30.

Is it too unreasonable to expect the Football League Show to be brought forward to a 6.15pm start, with coverage of the build-up to the game, the highlights of an Albion victory, 15 minutes of Mr Rosenior saying how well we are playing, and all of the last ten minutes play available on the red button, for those who missed that bit?

Agreed although I would suggest that the last 10 minutes be relayed live on big screens in the car park or in first class on the train so that the diehards in the east can finally see the final whistle being blown.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I really don't see what the problem is - it's only us that think we have the God given right to be top billing each and every week...maybe, just maybe, the rest of the country and the BBC don't care about us as much as we care?

There's a massive lot of egotism flying around at the moment, and it's making us look like complete pricks if i'm honest.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
The jazzed up version of the times they are a changing - anyone know who that's by?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To be honest, none of our last few games are deserving of featuring highly in the running order, we werent that low when we were top of the league either (usually 2nd or 3rd).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I had to laugh when I saw the slow motion replay of Muzza falling over in the box , no contact made but he tried to make it look authentic. Wearing the blue and white stripes he would have got a yellow card for simulation.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I had to laugh when I saw the slow motion replay of Muzza falling over in the box , no contact made but he tried to make it look authentic. Wearing the blue and white stripes he would have got a yellow card for simulation.

Stop fantatising grimsby , ffs isnt coming back now or ever . As many have commented on here youve moved on and you can get better .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here