Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football hooligan....?

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
sorry its a bit off topic, but i need to help a nephew, and have forget the idiots name but...

who was the football hooligan....
james shaylor....i think his name was

and as anyone got any links or info..

many thanks....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was an infamous Forest hoolie called Paul(?) Scarratt who was infamous at Eng V Scotland in 87 and also at the Italy World Cup in 1990.

I remember reading that he died in poverty in Spain of Aids. Drugs related I think.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
curly said:
sorry its a bit off topic, but i need to help a nephew, and have forget the idiots name but...

many thanks....

James Shayler

_428127_shayler300.jpg

THIS is the burly Midland soccer thug who was today starting a two-month sentence in a French prison after being convicted of attacking police during riots which brought terror to Marseille.

Shaven-headed James Shayler (32), a roofer, from Wellingborough, Northants, admitted throwing missiles at police, but denied that he had thrown stones.

He told the court that he had thought he was throwing lumps of mud and that, as police were 100 yards away, he did not think that he had hit them. Shayler, a Leeds United fan, lives with his girlfriend Maria Yeo and their three children, was reportedly among known hooligans which police "spotter" teams in Marseilles were particularly looking for. French police arrested Shayler, who sports an England flag tattooed on his stomach, in the thick of the rioting English fans on Sunday. Judge Monique Sacri, sitting last night, banned him from France for a year after his release. But a family friend denied reports that Shayler was on the police's Category C list of soccer hooligans. He claimed: "He is a member of the England Supporters' Club. He got his ticket through the FA. "Obviously, he is okay because he has been vetted. He's a Leeds United fan because he comes from Leeds. And when he goes to Leeds United games he takes his wife and kids with him. A hooligan wouldn't do that, would they?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/428127.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/06/17/wcup117.html

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19980616/ai_n14151312

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
curly said:

many thanks....

This fella?

0955039428.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1139538926_.jpg

It is James Shayler, Leeds fan

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Buzzer said:
There was an infamous Forest hoolie called Paul(?) Scarratt who was infamous at Eng V Scotland in 87 and also at the Italy World Cup in 1990.

I remember reading that he died in poverty in Spain of Aids. Drugs related I think.

He was in the Globe in Baker Street 1991 play off final trying to tear a cigerette machine off the wall.

He had FOREST tatooed on his bottom lip :nono:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wasn't there a Boro fan with a similar name who was ex-MI5/MI6 and on the run and living in hiding in France because he was facing treason charges or a long spell inside?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Cheeky Monkey said:
Wasn't there a Boro fan with a similar name who was ex-MI5/MI6 and on the run and living in hiding in France because he was facing treason charges or a long spell inside?

i think he turned himself in

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:

David Shayler

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
anybody remember the Boro fan being carted away at Euro 2000
with the words Stockton Pussy Hunter tatooed on his fat stomach.
Have been desparetly trying to find a picture of him as he is the spitting image of 'Big Melv' :lolol:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Buzzer said:

drug overdose,died in the gutter

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The Wookiee said:
anybody remember the Boro fan being carted away at Euro 2000
with the words Stockton Pussy Hunter tatooed on his fat stomach.
Have been desparetly trying to find a picture of him as he is the spitting image of 'Big Melv' :lolol:

Lee 'Oathead' Owens

Somebody find me that picture :lolol:

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
many thanks all, thats him, james shaylori'll pass it all on,
one of the reasons of his project is because i look like him, well not as fat honest....ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here