Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football has evolved but have the fans?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm sorry but I played fairly high level football up until a few years back. What you are saying is in a round about way. Untrue. As a player you adapt to changes week in week out. These triggers you talk of, occur
in very few situations and I wouldn't expect any player to pass a ball somewhere you just expect a player to be. If they are not you would chose another option.
Hypia has had long enough to tell the players what he expects and wants. They are not responding to Him. Not every new manager wins 1 game in 19.

Interesting, what level did you play at? I've certainly read a bit of stuff on the likes of Dortmund etc that do employ fairly complicated systems and maybe I just assume at the pro level of the game that most teams are a little more sophisticated than days gone by. I like to think that this is contributing to our current demise and once the players do get used to things then we will see results pick up ad us move away from danger. Also it would be a simple explanation of why the chairman has faith in his manager because he has been given a deeper insight into this side of our game and believes it is the way forward.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
In my view this effect will happen for the first few months but still you would expect players to very quickly adapt. They are so called professionals:) I would love it to be the reason but I fear it is not. Not this far in anyway.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
In my view this effect will happen for the first few months but still you would expect players to very quickly adapt. They are so called professionals:) I would love it to be the reason but I fear it is not. Not this far in anyway.

That's a fair point but at least we aren't getting tonked week in week out and it's the small improvements that can make all the difference. Also although I am not JFC's greatest fan I do think that maybe he is actually putting some of the new stuff into action but others are a bit slower to step up and this makes him look worse than he is. He seems to figure week in week out and is highly regarded by more than one manager and this is possibly because he actually does do the job he is asked to at any given time.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i went a brighton game maybe a year or so back with a friend of mine's dad, who until recently managed one of the local senior sides in the area. his observations of the game were completely different to anything my normal footballing supporting mates would notice - thought that was quite interesting and made me feel that there was most likely a lot more going on on the pitch than the normal fan would realise

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm sorry but I played fairly high level football up until a few years back. What you are saying is in a round about way. Untrue. As a player you adapt to changes week in week out. These triggers you talk of, occur
in very few situations and I wouldn't expect any player to pass a ball somewhere you just expect a player to be. If they are not you would chose another option.
Hypia has had long enough to tell the players what he expects and wants. They are not responding to Him. Not every new manager wins 1 game in 19.

It does NOT occur at Worthing level all that much. Discussion with a first team player. However, individual technique is better than expected. Look at Chris Hughton tactical hints on the Internet for the basics. Especially about playing a higher line (my view).

Discussions with the late Mel Hopkins at another time and the full back role has not changed that much. Bruno is one of the best full backs we have ever had. Pace is only thing that really worries a full back.

Playing a high line and the team can't put the ball in the back of the net and inevitable mistakes are going to be costly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here