Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Grounds Then and Now. Includes Us.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Some great photos there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Peter Ward
Booby Zamora
Dick Knight
Stuart Storer
Robbie Reinalt

Just throwing those ideas out there, would be nice to personalise the stadium a little more, bit more character that is all.

Generally, you don't get a statue unless you are dead, the main exception being dictators like Saddam Hussein, Stalin etc.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A brilliant read. Not often I say that regarding a Fail article.

One defunct stadium not mentioned that has probably been closed the longest, yet still has many remnants of the old stadium still in situ - Bradford Park Avenues old Horton Park. I managed to sneak in a few years ago. Behind one goal in the undergrowth the terracing remains complete with floodlight base and mens bogs. The exterior wall is still in place and above the bricked up turnstiles you can make out the entrance fee of 5/-. (Thats 25p to younger viewers)

I reckon there's a few footballing ghosts in there somewhere. :eek:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That's probably the first time the expression "fascinating little read" and the words Daily Mail have ever gone together.

It's one of my great regrets that I never got to Eastville ... pathetic, no?

Not at all. You're amongst friends who utterly sympathise. Would love to have taken in Roker Park.

I'm just glad I got to go to some of them Maine Road, for instance. What a big old beast of a place that was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here