Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Football Focus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was an article randomly on my phone yesterday, GB News (I think) stating show under BBC review as viewing figures have plummeted since start of season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There was an article randomly on my phone yesterday, GB News (I think) stating show under BBC review as viewing figures have plummeted since start of season.

Yep, the news was that viewing figures are down. That's what Walker is referring to.

Some media outlets spun this to suggest it's going to be axed.

Football Woke-us more like!!!!!!!!!!1

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched it today (first time in a while admittedly). Good interview with Ange, decent features on Gillingham and Luton, and the excellent support for fans at Swansea who are suffering from dementia.

It's a decent magazine programme IMO, and would be a real shame to see it go. What else would they put on a Saturday lunchtime - another f*cking COOKERY show ?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's little wonder it's lost its following, the content is weak and guests are often poor. I understand why the guests are chosen but it seems to be they are selected based on gender and ethnicity rather than their experience in football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
probably about too much stuff around players, issues in football and not that much focus on actual football.
Yup, way too many sickly ingratiating interviews. And all the rest of the box-ticking they manage to cram into a one hour show. No longer required viewing. For anyone. Maybe just relegate it to Channel 3 or something til it re-finds its focus? Tho its probably far too far gone for that to ever happen :wave:

*EDIT* If ITV were smart, they'd run a program directly up against FF. Call it, dunno, Football Preview or something, and watch the ratings go through the roof

Last edited:

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
It's just not very good anymore and it hasn't been for many many years now. It hasn't stayed relevant.

I used to love coming home from Football training 27 years or so ago on a Saturday morning and sticking that on the box.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I watched it today (first time in a while admittedly). Good interview with Ange, decent features on Gillingham and Luton, and the excellent support for fans at Swansea who are suffering from dementia.

It's a decent magazine programme IMO, and would be a real shame to see it go. What else would they put on a Saturday lunchtime - another f*cking COOKERY show ?

Yes. There’s definitely room for a football cookery show with regular slots covering Arsene Wenger’s culinary corner (flag) and Warren Aspinall’s best breakfast cafes.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Yup, way too many sickly ingratiating interviews. And all the rest of the box-ticking they manage to cram into a one hour show. No longer required viewing. For anyone. Maybe just relegate it to Channel 3 or something til it re-finds its focus? Tho its probably far too far gone for that to ever happen :wave:

*EDIT* If ITV were smart, they'd run a program directly up against FF. Call it, dunno, Football Preview or something, and watch the ratings go through the roof
As a kid Saturday lunchtimes were Football Focus then turn over to ITV for Saint and Greavsie - now it’s Soccer Saturday on Sky

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very rarely watch it. Usually only if I see a heads up that there’s a feature on us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here