Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Fans Survey

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1. Do you think English Football teams are doing enough to help with the refugee crisis?

Do what? How much is "enough"? Which crises should they be helping with?

This.
I found that question bizarre tbh.

What on earth are English football teams (well, clubs) SUPPOSED to be doing ? What has the Syrian refugee crisis got to do with Port Vale or Derby ? Should they be offering to house migrants in the stands ? Give them free training sessions ? Send them leftover pies ?

To be honest it gets on my tits how football is used for various things completely unconnected with football. You can barely go to a game these days without having to observe a minutes silence for something-or-other, be it football related or not. Why always FOOTBALL having to react ?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I offered to take my friend to the Amex the other week. He's no interest in football, but thought he'd like to come because I had a spare ticket. His reply was along the lines of he doesn't like fighting or violence.
This is how the sport is viewed from a lot of people who, sadly are just plain stupid to see a stereotype for what it is

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Perhaps the OP is attempting to massage football supporters into the equation because of the EDL connection to our game?

I simply can't see any other rationale for this moronic survey.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What is in the survey and the theme is actually irrelevant. My friend's son is doing a similar survey for his University degree on Cars from Czech Republic for his Thesus. The questions were all a load of nonsense really but the students have to obtain a certain level/amount of responses to pass so it is just a way of them to be able to obtain a ''market bulk response''

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hi all, I’m doing a university project on English Football Fans views on the Syrian Refugee crisis and I would like input from as many clubs in the football league on a survey I have created. It has 10 questions and only takes about 2-3 minutes to do but I would like as much input as possible.

Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XPQC5JH

Thanks a lot,
James
p.s. If the admins think this constitutes as spam or it is in the wrong section please feel free to remove or delete this thread.

You are palarse aren't you :moo:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This.

What on earth are English football teams (well, clubs) SUPPOSED to be doing ? What has the Syrian refugee crisis got to do with Port Vale or Derby?
Should they be offering to house migrants in the stands ? Give them free training sessions ? Send them leftover pies ?

To be honest it gets on my tits how football is used for various things completely unconnected with football. You can barely go to a game these days without having to observe a minutes silence for something-or-other, be it football related or not. Why always FOOTBALL having to react ?

I imagine both towns are represented in the ranks of Islamic State. As, of course, is Brighton..although the yanks have killed one of our traitors recently.

#dronesfukyouup.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This.

What on earth are English football teams (well, clubs) SUPPOSED to be doing ? What has the Syrian refugee crisis got to do with Port Vale or Derby ? Should they be offering to house migrants in the stands ? Give them free training sessions ? Send them leftover pies ?

I think it's more about 'football - the community', rather than 'football - the game' or 'football - the business'.

Like it or lump it, football is far bigger than the actual 17 rules itself, the 90 minutes and the incessant diving, and with its collective popularity, it's not unreasonable to consider it a potential force for good. Not everyone signs up for that consideration of course, but you only have to look at what AITC does to realise how lives can be changed for the better.

If - IF - 'football' felt it needed to get involved, at the very least they could be a catalyst for help, if not actively being able to practical help - in a similar way that while they can't treat you for, say, cancer (yet), they are the catalyst for encouraging people to get your health checked out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw the first question and decided not to complete. Most of the reasons have already been given.

What is the Women's Institute doing for the refugee crisis?
What are the Girl Guides doing for the refugee crisis?
What are the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band doing for the refugee crisis?
What is the Sussex FA doing for the refugee crisis?
What is Burgess Hill Bonfire Society (and a few others) doing for the refugee crisis?
What is the ZSL doing for the refugee crisis?

etc etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it's more about 'football - the community', rather than 'football - the game' or 'football - the business'.

Like it or lump it, football is far bigger than the actual 17 rules itself, the 90 minutes and the incessant diving, and with its collective popularity, it's not unreasonable to consider it a potential force for good. Not everyone signs up for that consideration of course, but you only have to look at what AITC does to realise how lives can be changed for the better.

If - IF - 'football' felt it needed to get involved, at the very least they could be a catalyst for help, if not actively being able to practical help - in a similar way that while they can't treat you for, say, cancer (yet), they are the catalyst for encouraging people to get your health checked out.

Sure, I get that. A football club should always strive to be an integral part of its local community, and the Albion MORE than steps up to the plate in that respect. I just fail to see the relevance of the Syrian refugee crisis to BHAFC, or to any other football club for that matter.

The implication in the question was that football clubs are not doing enough to help with the refugee crisis. What other world problems are football clubs not doing enough to help with. Global warming ? Famine ? The Greek deficit ? What else do our football clubs have to get involved with to help sort out ??

Its a nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here