Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Diaries

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
9.00 p.m tonight, on BBC 2, features Weymouth FC who, at the time, were hoping to bolster their squad with a signing from Brighton - presumably Robbie Pethick. Shaun Wilkinson also plays for them, having signed from Havant & Waterlooville. I believe we wil be playing them in a pre-season friendly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think I'll watch Austin Powers

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Beach Hut said:
Think I'll watch Austin Powers

Well. I hope you enjoy it! I saw it at the cinema and, to be honest, I thought it was the biggest load of drivel I've ever seen!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'm going to watch Austin Powers I think.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Didn't they try and get Marney but he turned them down having already been to Crawley this year. Or am I making that up? ???

And yes, Austin Powers

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
They did try and get Marney.

Stuart Storer told me that Steve Claridge had £20,000 on Weymouth to go up! :jester:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Madjeski struck me as a pretentious, egocentric and at times downright rude man with far too much money to be honest:tosser:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Next week Claridge is off to visit Millwall and McGhee was still manager then should be interesting:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Madejski struck me as a clever businessman with a philanthropic side to his character. He wouldn't be drawn on why he would spend money on a beautiful statue by Degas rather than a new striker for Reading FC, clearly it is because he wants to contribute something to the nation through his involvement with the Royal Academy. Pumping money into Reading FC is something that only benefits the people who support the club or pay to watch them, it could never be classed as an act that benefits the whole country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here